Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

2961 - 2980 of 3025 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Not ONCE has a stripper asked me if those $20 bills were that funny, inflated, ill-gotten Fed dollars haha!
Yeah gains are gains but don’t pretend we aren’t picking up pennies in front of the steam roller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
909 Posts
I think I see two nickels next to that Lexus. I'm going in, keep watch for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,966
Good morning investors and traders alike! I hope everyone had a smokey burnout weekend!!

·
Registered
909 Posts
New position yesterday in ZI.

In at $50.00, risk/profit target +/- $10.
Size = 200 shares per 100k. Risk 2%.

(200 * 10 = 2,000 so 2% max risk)

(200 * 50 = 10,000 so roughly 10% of my portfolio)

Still 42% in cash.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Been a fairly crappy week so far (for me) despite the indexes being up.

·
Premium Member
17,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,970 (Edited)
Fire sale this morning. Ended up bailing on Tesla at $980 to lock in a rather disappointing profit. Will watch this market action today to see if this is just a breather or something more.

Edit: Safely back in at $973. Note to all traders...sell offs happen SUPER fast. You gotta be ready to adjust quickly if you are in a dangerous or volatile stock. And yes - Tesla is def a dangerous stock IMHO.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I don't trust this market in the slightest. I'll be immediately honoring my stops on existing positions if they hit and limiting new positions. I just moved nearly all cash out of my trading account (just under 50%) and putting it to work elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I've also been reducing my risk over the last 4 days, moved the majority of my settled cash to a money market and have only about 10% of my balance in stocks right now holding MSFT, AMZN, NVDA, TSM "safer" stocks ;) Will play around with ~3500 in day trading activities.

·
Premium Member
17,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,974
So I've been thru like 8 pairs of underwear between today and yesterday...

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Scalps gone wrong today, locked in $827 in losses thus far today. Been winning them lately but I'd rather lock in small losses vs holding big ones and waiting. Right now Im at 39k in my what I'll call "day trading" account. My 401k is set so I cannot trade with it open market so this decent chunk of savings is what I have been trading with. I'm up around 25% since late march but I really didn't start trading heavy until later in April. Goal is to get to 50k to put my 30k back in emergency savings and gamble with the remaining 20k. If I get back down to my $31,500 then I am done LOL.

·
Premium Member
17,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,977
Sold the remainder of my ISRG this morning at $553-$556 in anticipation of the pandemic greatly impacting surgeries and hence demand for their products and services.

This will also allow me to take advantage of any new buying opportunities should the market get REALLY shaken. It's nowhere close yet and as largely a buy-and-hold investor I haven't really adjusted positions or gone to cash like many others. In stocks like Tesla where my gains are 300-350% in less than a year the short term cap gains would be pretty high.

For now, watching and sweating each panic move...

·
Premium Member
17,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,978
A few buyers are coming in the last 15 mins of trade today. Buying right off the low...

·
Registered
909 Posts
Well that didn't last...

·
Premium Member
17,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,980
Well that didn't last...
All of my predictions are valid for 3 minutes only...or until new Covid19 data hits the wire.

Really surprised by today's bounce. I was expecting a little relief, but this is more positive than I would have expected given the news and C19 data over the weekend remained unfavorable.

Really shocked how huge a hit Google took last Fri. Its recovering a little today but not much. It's a position I'm considering trimming on the next wave of strength. It's just not the strong grower it used to be.

2961 - 2980 of 3025 Posts