Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

2861 - 2880 of 3047 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
In ROKU at $109.45, hoping for a quick Bull run flip. Could go either way but its a strong company that has been beat up bad since earnings. Hoping for a $114 exit but it got hit hard right after I bought. Hope everyone is staying safe and making some cash in this crazy market.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Been sitting on sidelines mostly since getting hammered on shorts in April. Still think this is going to roll over in a sizeable way. I have taken a few positions in May however. MESO - swung out half, CHWY, AR, MR. A lot of things looking good, but just not looking to get more long until I swing profits out of a few of these others. About 60% in cash still.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Getting hammered here but holding strong. Hoping for a reversal sooner than later but today is not looking good. Picked the wrong one here but you can't win them all, been winning for a month straight so I was due. Worse case I cut ties and trim that tax hit haha.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yeah I'm currently getting tea-bagged by AMZN, going to hang in there as well. I sold a couple others this morning, broke even on one and lost a bit on the other.

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Finally had my day with Roku but I feel like it is about to take a run up so I'm holding, its been held back too long to not have its typical run up once the Robinhood FOMO guys get on board :D.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I've been camping with the family for 4 days and come home this evening and look for some opportunities. Been sitting on mostly cash and see GNUS up 97% today. Could be overbought but maybe not...Plan on picking up some on the open see what happens. The market has been going up all the while looking around the sentiment you'd think most would be wary but what the hell lol? YOLO

·
Registered
916 Posts
Damn, been watching the airlines thinking about jumping on board before they take off; well, looks like I've missed my flight. That airship has sailed!

Alright, I'm done with the puns.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Damn, been watching the airlines thinking about jumping on board before they take off; well, looks like I've missed my flight. That airship has sailed!

Alright, I'm done with the puns.

I bought a decent amount of Boeing a few weeks ago I didn't really have high hopes for it but I figured they won't be going out of business even if they are terribly managed.
That has paid off but Ill probably just hold.

But mostly im in the same boat as you. Sitting on lots of cash but no clue what to do still. Looks like its just going to keep melting up.

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
My play is costing me big money as the shorts have taken control. I refuse to sell though, I got greedy and went against my grain and instead of taking my $1400 profit I am now down $2500. I either get it back or I don't, shit happens and can't win them all. I'll hold until my remaining $4,000 profit from when I started is washed away. It was fun and will be fun while it lasts, shorts have to cover eventually, ROKU isn't some meme BS stock.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I bought a decent amount of Boeing a few weeks ago I didn't really have high hopes for it but I figured they won't be going out of business even if they are terribly managed.
That has paid off but Ill probably just hold.

But mostly im in the same boat as you. Sitting on lots of cash but no clue what to do still. Looks like its just going to keep melting up.
I held off and... it was a 119 then 125 then 135, I thought it would dip..... then kept going up and I missed the boat. saw 170ish and I was like its going to fall,..... now 205... :(

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I held off and... it was a 119 then 125 then 135, I thought it would dip..... then kept going up and I missed the boat. saw 170ish and I was like its going to fall,..... now 205... :(
Going to open at 220.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Not a whale like some of you guys. I'm a small fish that's been nibbling here and there to make a buck. Bought WWL Friday and has been doing well currently +67%

·
Registered
916 Posts
Busy day. Took profits on AR, sold half and holding half. Bought LOVE, OGI, VRML.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Wow my kind of half assed Boeing play from a few weeks ago really paid off 65% gains so far...I should have bought more! Hindsight is 2020.

Oh and I am In The Money on those GUSH calls I bought at the beginning of all this...there was a split and deleverage from 3x to 2x but still should make some money on it and I had written those off as worthless.

Hertz really went crazy from the stupid money robinhood crowd buying just because its low...even though they are officially going bankrupt and will most likely get wiped out...still could have made over 100% profits just today if you had followed the herd.

Reactions: Bowtye8

·
Premium Member
17,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,878
Good day here too. I wasnt bold enough to jump into the airlines although in hindsight it looks stupid obvious!

The stocks I loaded up on during the bloodbath are all in the green now, even NextEra that I should have bought way down at $200 is now at $260.

Amazon finally breaking above $2500 and Google at $1450 doing well. Apple is my surprise performer. I didn't trade it, just held my core position thru the chaos and it has done ok.

Overall I'm up about 28% YTD and on track to hit my 40-45% target annual return. The catch here in the near term is that stocks are in heavily overbought territory. What I'd like to see is for them to not go up OR down but just stabilize and form a base to allow risk of mean reversion to drop.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Busy day. Took profits on AR, sold half and holding half. Bought LOVE, OGI, VRML.

LOVE baby! Too bad I took a fairly small position.

2861 - 2880 of 3047 Posts