Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

2601 - 2620 of 2656 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'm up 27% on my new portfolio (consisting of 38 stocks) started at market open on Monday.

Again, waiting for market peak, bad news, good news, fear sell.

Then start the process over.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Ended up making a few moves today to come out on top and am heading back to cash now. SPY and Ford has been my biggest run over the last week, when I saw F was at $4 the other day, up 42%, just sold because of how volatile I think the next few weeks are going to be, an undecided status quo on whether to quarantine further or let the people go. Based on NYC's (wall street) trajectory, I am cautious.

·
Registered
844 Posts
How about those last 20 minutes? I think I heard Celine Dion.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,002 Posts
Hit my limit and got the hell out for the second time today on SQQQ. Missed out on a shit ton of money with some stocks and selling early but I vowed to not get greedy and take my gains when it hit my small goal. Green is green right now. Hope everyone is having similar luck!

·
Premium Member
7,002 Posts
How about those last 20 minutes? I think I heard Celine Dion.

I just about covered to lock in a small loss to not carry over night before it took off and I made another couple hundred on the day. Good day for me and I'm in all cash tomorrow again so I can sleep easy and hope these crazy swings keep up so I can make a mountain out of a mole hill.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Tripled down on SPY puts. Now I have 4/17 $253 and $227 puts...wish me luck lol. I sold midway through the day but after most of the pump. Bought back before the end of day drilling though so not looking too bad.

I really need a win after two days like this but initial jobless report is scheduled for 8:30 am and if the unofficial tallying of states is accurate it looks like it should be over or around 4M people this week...which is worse than pretty much any analysts predicted (I saw most numbers around 2M).

It is terrible for all those people but if this is still a free market in any sense of the word it should knock out all or most of this stupid fake bounce.

The senate still can’t get out of its own way and pass a single god damn thing lol, if anything this week has proven to me how broken our government is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
844 Posts
I'm still long my SQQQ and FNGD, each about 10% of my portfolio, a few smaller positions, and about 75% cash.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I know I've been very bearish the past few weeks, but that's the trend and I'm following the trend. That said, it's worth noting that the hourly moving averages crossed over to the upside for the first time since this began. True for the SPY, QQQ, and IWM. That is significant. I don't believe it's tradeable to the upside yet, but it's a good sign. The dailys have a long ways to go. As always, the earlier the signal the higher the risk/reward.

Of course, this whole thing can reverse tomorrow, and that's my bet at the moment.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Ooooof the tally is up to almost 6 million unemployment...this is higher than anyone thought.

If things are green tomorrow for a 3rd day in a row I’m calling blatant market manipulation

·
Premium Member
14,573 Posts
Thoughts on AAPL now that the next product release will likely be delayed?

It's a big chunk of the market so not sure what to make of it in spite of the china logistical issues for Q1 and probably Q2, plus falling demand.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Thoughts on AAPL now that the next product release will likely be delayed?

It's a big chunk of the market so not sure what to make of it in spite of the china logistical issues for Q1 and probably Q2, plus falling demand.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I had puts on Aapl for a while made good money on them.
Premium product in a downturn isn’t great and I have read consumer spending has already changed in China even if they are back open.

Delaying flagship phone release is not good for demand either.

On the other hand...unlimited QE and the fed manipulating the market pretty brazenly makes me doubt everything.
Maybe it’s two days losing and possibly a third. Demoralized lol.

sending every degenerate who makes under $75k a $1200 check and $500 for kids is a bold move....I guess none of us here are getting and free money. (On another note, Why is that the cutoff with no change for geography, in NYC and Cali $75k is basically poverty but is living like a king in North Dakota) oh well I woulda bought options with it anyway lol.
And 2400 per month for unemployment for everyone? Why work minimum wage when you get a free paycheck for 4 months? They will probably buy a lot of iPhones with all the free money haha

All that said I’ll eat a steaming bowl of bat soup if this was the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Faith in free market gone. Id rather watch my puts expire worthless than give in and buy stocks at this point on principle. Take all my gains I don't care anymore lol.

Where's my bat soup? Im bout to go cough on some reporters.

·
Premium Member
7,002 Posts
I keep playing the SQQQ on the swings. I missed my limited by $.05 on the last up swing for a 3.5% in and out gain. Now I just need to hope I don't have to hold overnight as who knows what will happen. Could lose 20% or it could be another blood bath at close today like yesterday.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
For a client/friend whom I've known for a while. I called him while his banker firm was frozen with fear. Sold his UIHC off giving him 25k to me and bought this mix.

·
Premium Member
7,002 Posts
The bell hurt and I'm holding overnight. This turn makes no sense to me but I'll happily lose some "play money" for my real money to get back up there.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Y
The bell hurt and I'm holding overnight. This turn makes no sense to me but I'll happily lose some "play money" for my real money to get back up there.
Lol that big green dildo at the end. Very healthy. Very stable.

I can't believe I am reading articles saying that we will need a 4th phase stimulus after this $2T and the stock market has just had its biggest 3 day rally in history...
It makes zero sense.

Shrugged off the 3.2M initial jobless claims that will only increase next week...yes..nothing to see here.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Why am I still holding losers? Why am I giving up profits? Sonofabitch.

·
Premium Member
7,002 Posts
Sold 500 shares of SQQQ at $21.40 this morning that had a $20.76 average. Keeping my additional 40 in case it takes off. Gunned higher at open but it got a little flat so I lowered my limit and GTFO. Knew I should have bought some ERY at close yesterday. Win some you lose some!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I think at some point amazon will rally, could be a couple months though. I bought some yesterday and it's holding pretty good, though if it dives I'll likely purchase more to lower my basis. I don't see really how amazon doesn't appreciate in the coming months but I could be mistaken, Tri mentioned this a few pages ago.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Just looking at the chart I think there are other fish in the sea with much more room. Amazon never really broke down that far. Keep in mind, their profitability is primarily web services, retail barely makes money.

2601 - 2620 of 2656 Posts