Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

2561 - 2580 of 2656 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I closed out my SQQQ with a 20% profit from yesterday around 3:00. Wish I could can that magic! Total 2% increase to the portfolio.

I was planning to hold longer, but decided I didn't want to hold through the weekend; you can always buy back in.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Nice! 20% in a day is great without dipping into options.

I’m up over 100% for the week just buying and selling puts.

My gambling account is still pretty small though just now comfortably over the day trading limit though which is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
From a n00b waiting for "the bottom" before getting into the stock market for the first time, I appreciate all the insight. I feel like we have quite a while before it really turns around, astthings are still shutting down, not opening up. I can't watch the market continuously to take advantage of the daily ups and downs, so I'm still waiting.

·
Registered
844 Posts
From a n00b waiting for "the bottom" before getting into the stock market for the first time, I appreciate all the insight. I feel like we have quite a while before it really turns around, astthings are still shutting down, not opening up. I can't watch the market continuously to take advantage of the daily ups and downs, so I'm still waiting.
This guy gets it. Wise beyond your experience.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't have any experience so the bar is set pretty low!

It just seems like since the majority of this sell-off is driven by the social insanity (while some is due to an over-valued market), as long as society is deteriorating the market will drop. When I hear about social restrictions decreasing instead of increasing, it's time to jump in.

Obviously there's ground to be made by taking advantage of the hourly/daily jumps, but I'm looking for a longer term ride up out of the slump.

·
Registered
844 Posts
We'll certainly be talking about it here, but watch for the moving averages to form a "bowtie". I use the 10 SMA, 20 & 30 EMA.

This is a daily chart, and a strong signal. An hourly chart will bowtie long before the daily. A 30 minute chart earlier still. The earlier the signal, the bigger chance of getting whipsawed; the longer the signal, the more certain it is but later to get you in or out. I wouldn't trust anything shorter than an hourly chart for predicting a turn with still an abundance of caution. A daily signal is a big deal. It doesn't always PREDICT a bear/bull market but it always PRECEDES one.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Oh and side note without further discussion, the 2/13 line is when Burr sold his stocks. 2/28 is when I sold my indexes.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
It’s hard to tell when the upward swing will begin, as we saw with gold we haven’t quite hit the bottom. I always viewed gold and silver as true market indicators (with some other variables considered surely) but I’ve been in cash since the beginning of March. I hit sell limits on about 30% of my holdings and ended up selling about 75% in the end. Waiting for the true up-swing I am guessing there will be two as well as mentioned so hard to say when, also will be a little reluctant to get back into Tesla since it was so overbought earlier this year..

·
Registered
844 Posts
Interesting chart showing prior bear market lows. Not shown, 1932 -86%

·
Premium Member
14,573 Posts
Interesting chart showing prior bear market lows. Not shown, 1932 -86%

Is this indexed for inflation (ie USD per share outstanding)?

I feel like the chart would be a lot flatter. :D

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
532 Posts
Fortunately all my sell limits did a good job when the dominoes started to fall. I feel bad for anyone that was either slight loss or total loss and didnt leave their money in the market.

Fear is stronger than excitement so expect the overall market upswing to be 5 times slower than its downfall.

Also, I'm staking back in entirely on Monday. I would encourage anyone to get a broad list together and start coming up with a strategic buy plan. Most of the entire US population is all saying the same thing about getting into the stocks right now for the first time, parents are encouraging their kids, it's in the news everywhere. Etc.

We will have a really hard over correction in the next coming weeks because of the opportunity and encouragement, and the people that did leave in during the downfall will take advantage of this massive over correction that's about to happen - which will indeed cause another fear selloff to those that just put in. (Think of a car on ice losing control).

This is my evaluation and I'm not giving any advice, just stating: if you're seeing anything in the news, or overhearing about it in public - it's usually too late! That's why I'm not waiting any longer.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
844 Posts
Is this indexed for inflation (ie USD per share outstanding)?

I feel like the chart would be a lot flatter. :D

I read it as layering in the % drops experienced those years on the current year's chart. The values are for reference from this peak.

That 2009 drop is staggering!

·
Premium Member
14,573 Posts
I'll say it again: Q1 results are going to be ugly.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I am for sure expecting a very large dead cat bounce before continuing the sell off for a while.

I don’t think we get the “V” shaped recovery that Trump keeps talking about.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Just a hunch, that may already be priced in. LOL

Poor Q1 earnings is priced in but we will have to see if the scale of how bad earnings are is actually priced in (I’m not sure it is).

I’d say next week is still going to be ugly even if they pas the stimulus package.
In the next couple weeks it might flatten out and reduce volatility and then once the quarantines are announced to be lifted I’m guessing a big bounce back up.

Massive Unemployment and loss to GDP we can’t make up I can see the market selling off after that for a while.

Obviously this is all speculation and who knows on timing anything but the main points are we will have some big bounces and declines before this is over. I wouldn’t jump all in on the first sign of recovery.

·
Premium Member
14,573 Posts
Yeah, I really doubt its priced in - at least to the magnitude of what it's going to be.

Q2? Definitely not.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Just saying after a 30% drop fundamentals are out the window.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Futures limited down in the first 5 mins of opening...
My SPY puts lookin good

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Stimulus bill failed to pass the senate. 47-47

That isn’t going to help tomorrow. I guess the next hope for stimmy is Wednesday earliest?

I knew it would be extremely difficult to get any sort of helicopter money, paid sick leave, tax relief passed in the extremely conservative senate.
It will have to be very neutered and unhelpful to actually pass those old selfish geezers.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Just sold my SPY puts so not holding overnight for the first time in a while.

Made a nice 20% today again but its been too much selloff too many days in a row and we are getting too close to passing this stimulus bill. Gunna reevaluate tomorrow, planning to buy back in once the stimulus is approved and we bounce temporarily.

2561 - 2580 of 2656 Posts