Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In another thread I said: "Maybe we could make a thread wherein you could post your mod list and say "I wish I had a tune" and then members who had anything similar might then PM an HPT to you.... and there's no archiving on the forum etc "

I am gathering parts for my build, hoping to get started on it after my return mid-July. What I WISH I had is a copy of others' tunes on similar builds just to help me more quickly get up to speed. We used to have this resource at HPTuners web site, in the tune repository but that has now been gutted. What I'd like to do with this thread is to use this as a bulletin board where a fellow can present a list of his mods in a simple format and then if others see that their own list is similar then they might simply PM the person who posted their mods and maybe send them an attached .hpt file.
I don't know if there's any interest, but hey, it's just a thread. Don't like the idea or think it's dumb,,, move on.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
My Mod List
(projected)

CTS V Coupe
6MT

cid: 418
bore: 4.080
stroke: 4,0"
cr: 9.8
Heads: WCCH Stg2
cam :GPTuning stg 3
Upper: 2.5
lower: 9.1
Injectors: ID1050X
F/pmps: twin DW300
ported LSA blower
ported snout
ZL1 lid
TB 95mm
AFE CAI
2" hdrs
no cats
Suitcase muff

·
Registered
927 Posts
I feel like that build may benefit from a 103tb and 5 inch intake... Just fwiw. I know you probably already have those 2 parts but tuning later for a 5 inch and stuff is a pain in the cock, and I'd assume you're going to want to get a legit tune on a build like that... Maybe justify the parts cost by factoring a re tune cost and downtime lol... Since we all need justifications.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel like that build may benefit from a 103tb and 5 inch intake... Just fwiw. I know you probably already have those 2 parts but tuning later for a 5 inch and stuff is a pain in the cock, and I'd assume you're going to want to get a legit tune on a build like that... Maybe justify the parts cost by factoring a re tune cost and downtime lol... Since we all need justifications.
Because of the change in stroke, I’m going to see if @mike@solerengineering .com will let me trade up from his 95 (nib) to the new 103 he announced recently .
I will be getting a store-bought tune before I get too far along, but I want to do what I can with it first. A tune from a similar build as a starting point would likely save a lot of revisions and headaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like an 800 whp car...with the right tune.
Thanks, I agree that it might have it in it.... might require a 2650, tho

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
If you get in touch with Pat G, he will get you set up with a good base tune for your mods and will have you dialed in with a few revisions. Money well spent and future upgrades/revisions are $50/$100 to get dialed in.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much is his initial fee?

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Which injectors did you end up going with?

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
How much is his initial fee?

Was $400 when I did mine. Upgraded some stuff a year later and that cost $50. Had to replace fuel pumps several months ago (AEM pumps failed, replaced with DW) and he made adjustments to regulate pressures and dial it back in for free so my recommendation for tuning is Pat.

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
738 Posts
I think it's $500 now. I looked and called recently about injector size/tuning on a gm ecm.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Which injectors did you end up going with?
ID1050X
I’ve edited above to include them

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,223 Posts