·
Premium Member
15,017 Posts
EX-wife...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Hey babe, the corvettes making a really funny clicking noise for some reason...

Reactions: V locity

·
Premium Member
3,518 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
It happens to us all. I know for awhile we were picking up a nail in a tire every month for a few months. We never figured out where we were getting them but what can you do. Go to a good tire shop and they can use an inside tire repair with a plug. You will never know it is there.

·
Super Moderator
16,993 Posts
I don’t think your wife did it on purpose......lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
It's got 7" pistons!
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol, y’all... The bolt was like 3/8” wide, so too thick to plug :( It’s a run flat and she wasn't that far from home when it happened. Sucks cuz these tire are $540. :mad:

·
Registered
367 Posts
lol, y’all... The bolt was like 3/8” wide, so too thick to plug :( It’s a run flat and she wasn't that far from home when it happened. Sucks cuz these tire are $540. :mad:
Some tire shops (not discount) have combo patch/plugs that would work on that!

·
It's got 7" pistons!
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That’s why you get the road hazard warranty. Just sayin’....
Factory tire. The car’s only 8 mos old...

Some tire shops (not discount) have combo patch/plugs that would work on that!

I went to three different tire shops & none of them had one wide enough. The bolt was 3/8”, after “reaming the hole” the plug part would have need to be upwards of 1/2” wide...

·
Premium Member
3,518 Posts
Do you know what Actuary is?

That's a fancy term for "our house has the odds, but feel free to donate us your money".

·
Registered
367 Posts
Factory tire. The car’s only 8 mos old...

I went to three different tire shops & none of them had one wide enough. The bolt was 3/8”, after “reaming the hole” the plug part would have need to be upwards of 1/2” wide...
Damn... did you go by the smaller independent shops? I have used them several times where they have a patch with a nipple that they pull through the hole....

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
One thing I've noticed with sticky tires - they grab everything that could possibly cause a puncture. I've had more shit in my Cup 2's than all other previous tires combined.

And I will say - I'm not super comfortable with they patch and plug - I've seen how they ream out the hole, grinding away any loose ends of steel belts that are invariably rusted. That's gotta compromise the structure of the tire. Probably not an issue at normal highway speeds, but I'm regularly punching it to 150 or more (thank you Grand Parkway!) and I don't know how safe I would feel doing that on a patched and plugged tire. I know guys are gonna chime in and say they've done this all the time - so maybe it's just me. But if you ever had an accident, that $500 tire would seem like a bargain...

Sucks man - especially to a fellow Houstonite. But it could have been far worse - this is a minor inconvenience and the price we pay for driving these sweet rides.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts