Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, the MN6 V2s do not have no-lift shift (at least, mine doesn't). They just have a solid enough driveline that you don't have to give a shit about matching RPMs.

·
Registered
274 Posts
No, the MN6 V2s do not have no-lift shift (at least, mine doesn't). They just have a solid enough driveline that you don't have to give a shit about matching RPMs.
There are a few conversations here about members using it on their V2, as well as popular websites describing our vehicles having it.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Do it. Keep the right foot down and just stab that clutch as quick as you can!

Just a warning though; You’re going to start to get addicted.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Sometimes I miss my STS-V until I punch the throttle in my Coupe!.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
I.... I didn't know.
Is this real? Its not dated April 1, right?

I mean.... I cant wait to try this.
Importantly, is it a function that must be 'turned on' ? Or is it already there, lurking, a secret weapon only for those in the know?
I want to know if anyone has timeslips showing the effect.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've seen some references to it while poking around in HPtuner, but never messed around with it because I didn't know if it was actually implemented or just stuff that was stuck in there (like cylinder deactivation).

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
I've seen some references to it while poking around in HPtuner, but never messed around with it because I didn't know if it was actually implemented or just stuff that was stuck in there (like cylinder deactivation).
My first concern is finding out if the car actually HAS this and that it's enabled... and finding out withOUT 'just trying it". I mean, I can imagine lots of mechanical carnage.
My car does not interrupt engine operation when I depress the clutch that I've noticed

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
I found a video where no less than Mr. Heinricy, himself, demonstrates it in a 2009 sedan, on a track. He even misses a shift once and the engine did not explode
Jump to 09:24 for the shifting but the whole video is very good
No Lift Shift Heinricy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts