Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Headed to my first mile event this weekend and had a few questions.

1 - Is there e85 for purchase there or should I bring my own fuel? We will be driving the car there and would need a place to leave the jugs if we bring our own.

2 - I read the safety rules and it looks like all that is required is a helmet and a set of sfi gloves. Anything else I am missing here?

3 - Do I need a number plate/magnet or are they provided?

4 - Any tips for a first timer?

·
Registered
643 Posts
I went to Victoria, TX a month ago to have my car tuned on the dyno by Pat G. Prior to driving down there I did a search for E85 in Victoria and came up empty handed. In hindsight I should have asked Pat, but instead I opted to take my own from a local station with good E85 reviews.

Try a web search and call the gas stations directly, just be ready to hear crickets on the other end of the line when you say E85. Most gas attendants are clueless to what E85 is.

Also for what it's worth it's generally the Sunoco's that carry it. It's also been my experience that they don't restock it immediately after they run out, fortunately I have 3 Sunoco's on my way home from work.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Hey Guys,

Headed to my first mile event this weekend and had a few questions.

1 - Is there e85 for purchase there or should I bring my own fuel? We will be driving the car there and would need a place to leave the jugs if we bring our own.

2 - I read the safety rules and it looks like all that is required is a helmet and a set of sfi gloves. Anything else I am missing here?

3 - Do I need a number plate/magnet or are they provided?

4 - Any tips for a first timer?
I raced the Mile in October. There are NO E85 stations for 40 miles.

Make sure you have the correct helmet. They are sticklers for the rules. I’m not sure what your speed target is but at 200 the requirements go up dramatically. Fire suit, roll cage, 5 pt harness, fire extinguisher, Z rated tires....

Bring your own numbers. I usually buy a set of vinyl numbers off of Amazon.

Not sure what mods you have but the track isn’t prepped so you probably won’t hit full throttle until 3rd gear. Taller tires also help. Also you can buy ice on site if you have a tank. IATs soar down the stretch. Good luck and have fun. I’ll be back in October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
I will be there racing a red C6 Z06. If you need to leave any items, you can leave them at my camp. The one with the little grey and black bus. I will be there all weekend. Bring your own fuel, use vinyl decals or use masking tape. You will need a 2010 car helmet, closed shoes and a long sleeve cotton shirt.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be there racing a red C6 Z06. If you need to leave any items, you can leave them at my camp. The one with the little grey and black bus. I will be there all weekend. Bring your own fuel, use vinyl decals or use masking tape. You will need a 2010 car helmet, closed shoes and a long sleeve cotton shirt.
Thanks, gotjuice. I will definitely hit you up.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I raced the Mile in October. There are NO E85 stations for 40 miles.

Make sure you have the correct helmet. They are sticklers for the rules. I’m not sure what your speed target is but at 200 the requirements go up dramatically. Fire suit, roll cage, 5 pt harness, fire extinguisher, Z rated tires....

Bring your own numbers. I usually buy a set of vinyl numbers off of Amazon.

Not sure what mods you have but the track isn’t prepped so you probably won’t hit full throttle until 3rd gear. Taller tires also help. Also you can buy ice on site if you have a tank. IATs soar down the stretch. Good luck and have fun. I’ll be back in October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do the numbers have to be a certain size or color? Can they go on a window or do they need to be on the body?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts