Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spoke with Jay Matus who runs the Texas Mile who informed me that the rule has been amended to require rollbars for any vehicle that exceeds 199MPH instead of 190MPH. Good news for anyone who expects to hit 190+ in their CTS-V at the upcoming event and does not have a rollbar. Jay said the TexasMile.net website will be updated soon with the new rules and that a press release is forthcoming.

If I remember correctly at the October event there were about 15 CTS-V's... who is planning to attend the March event?

My goal is to hit 190 or better (and of course to remain "legal" stay under 200). Jay did mention the staff will be much stricter on enforcing the safety regulations and rules at the March event.

Looking forward to my 2nd Texas Mile event and I am sure we will have several CTS-V's in attendance that will break 190... Will be interesting to see who will be the first V to break the 200MPH mark!

Registration opens on January 20, 2013.. the event dates are March 22-24, 2013. If you plan to attend, sign up early since the event is typically sold out within a few weeks after registration opens.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Direct copy-paste from email I just received. Great News!

PS....I am planning to attend. Already made a hotel reservation

Vehicle Rule UPDATE

We made a rule change for 2013 regarding the speed specification in which you will need a roll bar/ cage for your vehicle.

Previous Rule 2012: All vehicles attempting speeds at or over 190 MPH are required to have a four-point roll bar at minimum.

New Rule 2013: All vehicles attempting speeds at or over 199 MPH are required to have a four-point roll bar at minimum.

License Class Updates

Previous Rule 2012: Class B license holders are limited to 190MPH.
New Rule 2013: Class B license holders are limited to 199MPH.

Previous Rule 2012: Class A license holders are limited to 215 MPH.

New Rule 2013: Class A license holders are limited to 220 MPH.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Registration for the March 22-24, 2012 will open online on January 20th.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Awesome news - I was already thinking about how I was going to have to explain the 'cage to the wife!

Going back under the knife in a few weeks in preparation - the Wagon record is definitely going to fall this time.

BZ

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I plan to be very cooperative this time until I decide the next run is a good one to be my last run! Thanks for the legwork Mike!

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
BZ,

Back surgery for me on the 22nd...What you having done?
My wife is asking for an "addadicktomy"
WTF does she mean by that?
:)

EDIT:OK, I see what you did there...Im old, your car is getting modded.
Spray???

·
Registered
975 Posts
Possibly. Kicking around ripping out the meth and doing a dry shot instead.

102 porter blower/snout, 4.5" intake, 9.1 lower, cam, bigger injectors, cut out cats...

Hoping for 190+ and mid-10s at 130mph+ before spray.

BZ

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Big Ballin BZ! Spray to come on @ 190+ to get ejected from the mile on your last run
FTW!!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Anyone run 200+ yet? If I don't blow mine up in Feb at the shoot out I will be there to see what I can do.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reminder.. registration for the Texas Mile opens this week-end. If you plan on attending don't procrastinate because it fills up fast.

Madragon, I am not aware of anyone who has broken the 200+ mark yet with a V. My guess it will probably happen at the March event... several V owners are now running nitrous + other power adders and now that the rollbar requirement has been expanded to 199MPH, there definitely will be several V's in the 190's. Given that my V does not have nitrous, my goal is to be in the mid 190's which based on my latest round of tuning and tweaks should be achievable.

Rumor is Hennessy will have his 1200HP twin turbo V at the event. I would like to see that V make some passes!

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Alert in my calendar, finger on the "enter" button....

·
Registered
975 Posts
Can't wait Steve! I'm ready for Sunday too just to see how fast it fills up compared to last time. I'll be registering Thirsday evening, running all day Fri/Sat.

Unfortunately, though, TX2k is out of the question for me, I got our spring break weekends mixed up and I'll be at Disney with the kids. I need more seat time on the track (esp after the latest round of mods).

BZ

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Hey guys, just want to say hi and let you all know that I will be at both events. I do not plan on running/racing at the Tx2k13 but will be at the Mile on Saturday and Sunday. I still have a few things I need to straighten out on my whip but should have it all done in plenty of time. Reading all of these posts is making me start to twitch, in a good way. Regards, Mark

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Can't wait Steve! I'm ready for Sunday too just to see how fast it fills up compared to last time. I'll be registering Thirsday evening, running all day Fri/Sat.

Unfortunately, though, TX2k is out of the question for me, I got our spring break weekends mixed up and I'll be at Disney with the kids. I need more seat time on the track (esp after the latest round of mods).

BZ
Hey guys, just want to say hi and let you all know that I will be at both events. I do not plan on running/racing at the Tx2k13 but will be at the Mile on Saturday and Sunday. I still have a few things I need to straighten out on my whip but should have it all done in plenty of time. Reading all of these posts is making me start to twitch, in a good way. Regards, Mark
Insert Effin "Like" button here

·
Vendor
205 Posts
if mark(owner of the texas mile ford gt record car) doesnt sell it to the guy interested in it i should be up there with and my friend that owns psi.. and will be up there to help with a customer with a 2010 camaro that should be in the 1500-1600rwhp range running on TF Wheels!!!:)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Registration for the March 22-24, 2013 Texas Mile opens on January 20th at 2PM, CST!

Once registration is open a link will appear on your profile page on the Texas mile website: http://www.texasmile.net/registration.php . In order to register you must sign in to your profile.

If you dont already have a Texas Mile profile you will need to create one in order to register for the event. Your profile will save all of your personal information, medical information, and car or bike information.Once your profile is created registering for the event is as easy as a few clicks of the mouse. Please make sure to fill out each page completely. After you submit payment you will get a confirmation page as well as a confirmation email.

Once you are registered please fax in your license paperwork. If you already have a Texas Mile license than you DO NOT need to fax in your license paperwork.

You will NOT need to fax in or submit the medical form. Your medical information will now be saved on your profile.

·
Premium Member
6,563 Posts
How much is the registration?

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I'm in. Sat and Sunday for me. Not sure on Friday yet...

1 - 20 of 66 Posts