Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
There are some Vs out there that have done 200MPH at the Texas mile. Last event, there was a wagon that did 202.9. Tuned by Pat G.

·
Super Moderator
21,711 Posts
SecretWeapon did 200mph many years ago. Wagons are said to have better CoD than the other styles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is it a manual? I think a modded manual can hit 200mph eventually but a stock one proly not and IIRC the gearing on the A6 is shorter so if it was automatic its even less likely.
I think you bought it from a liar but he was a police commissioner so that was a given lol
Is it a manual? I think a modded manual can hit 200mph eventually but a stock one proly not and IIRC the gearing on the A6 is shorter so if it was automatic its even less likely.
I think you bought it from a liar but he was a police commissioner so that was a given lol
automatic; I couldn't find concensus online as to top speed; as low as 175; as high as 188.I would expect that now; since it makes horsepower equal to gen 3; it may have improved... anyway I've satisfied my lust for speed on my Honda Blackbird (minor mods) buried the speedo at 320kph (that's Canadian for 198mph LOL)

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
SecretWeapon did 200mph many years ago. Wagons are said to have better CoD than the other styles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just from looks that seems hard to believe but who knows. Generally the steeply raked rear hatch on a wagon will make the flow separate and generate lots of vortices and drag.

However since all of the V's are brick shaped it might not matter lol. From the press releases I can find GM seems to list the sedan at 0.355 and the wagon at 0.36 (cant find any source for the coupe) so close enough to the same if that is accurate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just from looks that seems hard to believe but who knows. Generally the steeply raked rear hatch on a wagon will make the flow separate and generate lots of vortices and drag.

However since all of the V's are brick shaped it might not matter lol. From the press releases I can find GM seems to list the sedan at 0.355 and the wagon at 0.36 (cant find any source for the coupe) so close enough to the same if that is accurate.
think of it this way ... someone was comparing the V to an RX7 and the discussion reverted to drag coefficiency. GM spent mega bucks on making the V as slippery as possible;and did a pretty good job imo. Instead of calling the V a "brick"; think of it as a "whale" when comparing it to the 7 which by comparison would be a dolphin. Both are slippery; one is just bigger and has greater volume. In my humble (but researched) opinion; it looks like the V coupe is the "slipperiest" of all .

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
think of it this way ... someone was comparing the V to an RX7 and the discussion reverted to drag coefficiency. GM spent mega bucks on making the V as slippery as possible;and did a pretty good job imo. Instead of calling the V a "brick"; think of it as a "whale" when comparing it to the 7 which by comparison would be a dolphin. Both are slippery; one is just bigger and has greater volume. In my humble (but researched) opinion; it looks like the V coupe is the "slipperiest" of all .
We started talking about drag coefficient because that is very relevant in these 200mph events. And from my post above I would say its still fair to call the V a brick and a whale because it is both huge and also not that "slippery" compared to the RX7 when you look at both the frontal area (whale) and the drag coefficient (brick).

For comparison, a good example of a "slippery" whale of a car would be the newest Tesla model S with a drag coefficient of .2 which is extremely good even though it is a big vehicle.
The V is 80% worse than the Tesla with regards to drag which is significant.

V2's are big ass brick shithouses but I still love them.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts