Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1381 - 1400 of 1407 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes the head unit does display in F and you can adjust it from the head unit or the head unit also moves up and down with the factory control's.
Update on my remote start issue.
I've found that if I've remote started and get in the do the first click on the key and give it one or two seconds before the second click it works everytime.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I just found this forum and thread. I bought a Android 9, px6 unit from Aliexpress. AOTSR was the reseller. I'm working through the install, with no instructions, and came across some questions and issues. My CTS-V is a 2009 and it came with the Pop Up Nav/ Bose.

1) I switched over the climate control board. It is mostly working but the back light on the passenger LCD does not come on. The buttons on it work, and you can even read the LCD faintly. Driver side works fine. I switched the Driver side lcd along with the cable to the passenger side electronics board plug and the problem followed, which led me to believe either the board is bad or there is some setting I am missing. Anyone else come across this?

2) My temp control units also display in Celsius. I see this is common. Any fixes for this yet?

3) The unit said it came with built in apple carplay. I can't get it to work for the life of me, wired or wireless. They included a unmarked dongle which may or may not be for carplay. It is rectangle and shiny black. One end has a male usb cable. The rectangle has a female usb cable along with a 3.5mm jack. I tried every combination of usb connections possible, both with and without the usb dongle in line. I don't even know what app to open. The menu has one icon called "Car Auto" that doesn't do anything. It's almost like the app behind that icon isn't installed. There is another icon called "Phone Link". This opens up an app called easy connection. I got this to work for screed mirroring, both wired and wireless but you can't use the touch screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
Hey, there. Have you ended up getting the LCD to work? I am having the same issue except that my problem is with the driver-side LCD. The buttons work, the screen lights up, but no info. is shown on the screen; well, as you described, I can read it very faintly depending on the angle. I too tried plugging in the passenger-side LCD, and the problem followed as in your case. As a matter of fact, It is my second purchase of this type of unit. With the first purchase, I also had the same problem with the passenger-side LCD, which by the way had gone for a while but came back. Please let me know what you did if you got it to work. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2014 6M, Recaros, Slicktop, Stock
64 Posts

I finally pulled the trigger on one of these. I bought the latest version 4/64gb/Android 9.
I run Waze, music apps, XM Radio, Torque, and Pluto TV without a problem. I also have a hot spot device connected to the USB and everything immediately starts right up. A worthy upgrade and is night and day better than what was in there. No regrets so far👍

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
934 Posts
The pop up dash section is now in-op?
Is there an iPad equivalent out there?
Are there any apps available that would let us use the screen for wideband or IAT display from AEM or HPT or similar?
(Asking too much, I know)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
681 Posts
The pop up dash section is now in-op?
Is there an iPad equivalent out there?
Are there any apps available that would let us use the screen for wideband or IAT display from AEM or HPT or similar?
(Asking too much, I know)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know that Torque works with an OBD2 Bluetooth dongle to show a lot of that info.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MrSurly

·
Registered
64 Posts
Lol, never asking too much. We're here to help each other out.

You need to remove the pop up to install the radio.

There isn't an iPad that I'm aware of and will probably never be given the age of our cars. I think were lucky we even have this as an option.

It will display whatever Torque will monitor (using OBDII) and I'd imagine any other Android app. There's also a USB port if you wanted to plug something in, it can mirror a phone and it will run in split screen if the app allows it.

My car is bone stock so the only thing I monitor is the gas guage and music but if there's an app you want me to test out just let me know.

·
Premium Member
13,236 Posts
i read on one of the FB Groups there is a guy who has a hack for the operating system on these, supposed to make it work a lot better.

·
Registered
64 Posts

That's the original color. I had for a few weeks hoping it would grow on me but that never happened.

I painted the cubby door and bezel with this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FMS8N0E?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

This is the wrap I used for the console.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01BNV26LA?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I bought the head unit from a local shop. Not sure where he purchased it from but it was the same price $730 without waiting on shipping and dealing with potentially shady sellers. I was originally planning to order it from Amazon but when this popped up I grabbed it.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I finally got my 3D scanner kickstart, after like a year of waiting. So now I can scan that spot above the head-unit and design a gauge cluster that'll fill the hole and integrate with the rest of the dash. As well as add a USB socket and an aux video input for when I run my race-cam, so I can watch myself racing on the display while I'm racing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I finally got my 3D scanner kickstart, after like a year of waiting. So now I can scan that spot above the head-unit and design a gauge cluster that'll fill the hole and integrate with the rest of the dash. As well as add a USB socket and an aux video input for when I run my race-cam, so I can watch myself racing on the display while I'm racing.
Oh man, I love to see this

·
Registered
681 Posts
What are you thinking for that nav cap piece? I've always thought a dual or maybe tri style pod setup would be great for that spot. While I like the design of that other vent mount single pod that another forum member came up with...I never did like its proximity to the A pillar and the side curtain airbag, in the event that thing should need to deploy. I'm getting closer to really needing a place for gauges to live, as I'm about to get going with my twin turbo kit.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Once I've got it designed, it'll be easy to adjust for different numbers of gauges, though I was thinking I want 3 - Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure, and a 3rd TBD, maybe Transmission Temp or just a better boost gauge.

·
Registered
681 Posts
That is exactly what I had in mind. Keep me posted!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Once I've got it designed, it'll be easy to adjust for different numbers of gauges, though I was thinking I want 3 - Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure, and a 3rd TBD, maybe Transmission Temp or just a better boost gauge.
You could even incorporate ability to mount dash cam/radar detector.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Love this idea.
I can't keep my filler piece to stay in even with velcro.
Doesn't seem to like to stick.
Just an fyi.... I bought a non nav oem cover from ebay for $35 which has the clips to hold it in. Plenty of wrecked non nav base CTS's available for parts on eBay. I just searched for cts interior parts and then looked for one that had an interior pic with the cover still intact. The one I found was selling the seats from a totaled cts. So I sent a message to the seller asking to buy the cover and they were more than happy to pull it for me. Figured after spending 700 what's another 35.

·
Registered
282 Posts
View attachment 151540

That's the original color. I had for a few weeks hoping it would grow on me but that never happened.

I painted the cubby door and bezel with this and it was a perfect match.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FMS8N0E?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

This is the wrap I used for the console.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01BNV26LA?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I bought the head unit from a local shop. Not sure where he purchased it from but it was the same price $730 without waiting on shipping and dealing with potentially shady sellers. I was originally planning to order it from Amazon but when this popped up I grabbed it.
Do you have any pics of it turned on? How does the quality of the reverse cam look?

1381 - 1400 of 1407 Posts