Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1407 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts

You probably got the link alread from FB if it was you who asked the question

I had the remote start issue also after installation. For some reason which I don't know it started to work one day. Since then never had problems with remote start. You can try to reset the unit or disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This will be my first post here, and hopefully helpful. I installed the px6 version probably 6 months ago and just tolerated the low volume whining noise. Well last week I installed coilovers and wired in resistors for the magnaride. The whine got 20 times worse. Pulled up schematic and found radio, amp, suspension control module, and a bunch more share the same ground. I regrounded the Bose amp to it's on ground and the whine is completely gone. Much more enjoyable experience. Hopefully this helps other people.

James Poe

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I just found this forum and thread. I bought a Android 9, px6 unit from Aliexpress. AOTSR was the reseller. I'm working through the install, with no instructions, and came across some questions and issues. My CTS-V is a 2009 and it came with the Pop Up Nav/ Bose.

1) I switched over the climate control board. It is mostly working but the back light on the passenger LCD does not come on. The buttons on it work, and you can even read the LCD faintly. Driver side works fine. I switched the Driver side lcd along with the cable to the passenger side electronics board plug and the problem followed, which led me to believe either the board is bad or there is some setting I am missing. Anyone else come across this?

2) My temp control units also display in Celsius. I see this is common. Any fixes for this yet?

3) The unit said it came with built in apple carplay. I can't get it to work for the life of me, wired or wireless. They included a unmarked dongle which may or may not be for carplay. It is rectangle and shiny black. One end has a male usb cable. The rectangle has a female usb cable along with a 3.5mm jack. I tried every combination of usb connections possible, both with and without the usb dongle in line. I don't even know what app to open. The menu has one icon called "Car Auto" that doesn't do anything. It's almost like the app behind that icon isn't installed. There is another icon called "Phone Link". This opens up an app called easy connection. I got this to work for screed mirroring, both wired and wireless but you can't use the touch screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Check for any bent or missing pins on the board for the lcd issue. The only time I heard of the backlight not working is if it was tightened too much and broke. But since yours follows the problem. Maybe a bad pin or the board as you've mentioned.

The Celsius is a known issue that hasn't been corrected that I know of. Me being in canada its not really a problem to me.

I have an android device and don't have problems with android auto. It uses the zlink app but to be honest i don't use android auto much at all

·
Registered
3 Posts
This will be my first post here, and hopefully helpful. I installed the px6 version probably 6 months ago and just tolerated the low volume whining noise. Well last week I installed coilovers and wired in resistors for the magnaride. The whine got 20 times worse. Pulled up schematic and found radio, amp, suspension control module, and a bunch more share the same ground. I regrounded the Bose amp to it's on ground and the whine is completely gone. Much more enjoyable experience. Hopefully this helps other people.

James Poe
Going to try this at some point. Just did an install in my car and getting the noise. Love the radio so far.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok guys I got mine in and everything went smoothly. Boots up real fast and I don't have any low volume hiss noise. Only issue so far is.
When I remote start the car I can not get any music or sound although the head unit is showing its playing music but if I turn the car off then back on the sound is there.
Sometimes during hands free I lose the sound while talking to people. They can hear me but I can't hear them but if I press the car icon and it disconnects the Bluetooth then click it again it comes back.
So far thats it. I just don't know how to use much of it yet. Lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Also can you guys post what your using as far as devices to connect with your phone and maybe how to set them up. Maybe we can get the info in one post so we don't have to go through the 69 pages of stuff to find it.
And last who is the guy offering upgraded software and what does it do for you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok guys I got mine in and everything went smoothly. Boots up real fast and I don't have any low volume hiss noise. Only issue so far is.
When I remote start the car I can not get any music or sound although the head unit is showing its playing music but if I turn the car off then back on the sound is there.
Sometimes during hands free I lose the sound while talking to people. They can hear me but I can't hear them but if I press the car icon and it disconnects the Bluetooth then click it again it comes back.
So far thats it. I just don't know how to use much of it yet. Lol

Yeah....this happens to me as well sometimes. The fix is what you described. I still like this unit but man its glitchy. Just always something little going on that just messes with the experience. Not enough to remove but if a better option eventually comes out i'm going to look at it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also can you guys post what your using as far as devices to connect with your phone and maybe how to set them up. Maybe we can get the info in one post so we don't have to go through the 69 pages of stuff to find it.
And last who is the guy offering upgraded software and what does it do for you?
Sergey Kozlov. He has a Facebook group that covers all the ins and outs of his software. More or less it gives you a little more control of the customization of the unit and gives you more "Skins" to use to change the look. I got it on mine. I like someo of the Themes he has. But i'm more of a "set to what you like and then forget about it" type person.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Instead of turning the power on/off, try pushing the reset button (the tiny hole on the bottom/right corner) with a paperclip. You still have to wait for the HU to reboot, but at least you don't have to turn off the car, wait a few seconds for power down to finish, and then restart the car.

·
Registered
2014 6M, Recaros, Slicktop, Stock
64 Posts
Was looking over this thread and wondering how these units were holding up? Anyone regret installing it?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Have they never fixed the temp displays on the lower screens? All the pics I see still show it in celsius.

·
Registered
2014 6M, Recaros, Slicktop, Stock
64 Posts
But you can still get °F on the head unit and adjust the temperature from there, correct?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Honestly, I can't say I've paid enough attention. If I'm too hot, I turn down the heat or turn on the AC. If I'm too cold, I turn up the heat or turn off the AC. What the number is really doesn't matter. Just need "up" and "down" buttons. :)

1361 - 1380 of 1407 Posts