dang, I like that

·
Registered
356 Posts
SO much WANT

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
That looks awesome except one minor thing I noticed in the main item title. That would be 1024x768 resolution on a 10in screen. That is going to be really pixilated and terrible looking screen. That is not enough resolution in this day and age for that big of a screen. It needs to at least be 1920x1080.

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
That looks awesome except one minor thing I noticed in the main item title. That would be 1024x768 resolution on a 10in screen. That is going to be really pixilated and terrible looking screen. That is not enough resolution in this day and age for that big of a screen. It needs to at least be 1920x1080.
I'd take it in a heartbeat over the stock junk that is early 2000's kia quality.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Also just looking at the pictures some more it seems to replace the entire heater control unit with a new one. The new one doesn't seem to have buttons for the cooled seats.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I don't see English as a supported language but it cuts off after Ja... Also it looks to be powered (4x50) and no mention of preamp outputs.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Reactions: MYV

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Probably won't marry well but I like it because it gets rid of all the buttons that are no longer active. Pet peeve keeping me from doing the metra kit.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Thought all buttons except Nav and Audio worked with Metra kit and Say Pioneer App radio.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I couldn't tell from the website linked, does it come with the trim pieces?

·
Registered
234 Posts
After I zoom in, I'm pretty sure their product photos are photoshopped so be careful. Would be a great upgrade tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I talked to the seller for a bit and got some more info. I was surprised at how quickly they responded (5 minutes!)

Anyway, it seems like the climate controls, seat heating/cooling, etc is all retained (and you move your existing controls to this new unit when installing). They told me that this unit is very similar to the one for the 'old-model' SRX, which you can see here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-4-Vertical-Huge-Screen-1024-768-Android-Car-DVD-GPS-Navigation-Radio-Player-for-Cadillac/32778524210.html

They also told me that if the one for the SRX supports OnStar (which the third picture in that link seems to indicate that it does), then this one should, too.

The main thing I'm worried about is replacing the traction control/passenger airbag buttons. If the unit is anything like the SRX unit, it seems to come with that bar of buttons that looks like a Map, Unlock, Lock, and Hazard button. If that can't be replaced with traction control/airbag, I would imagine that the airbag system would throw an error on installation.

This unit does support the CANBus, and provides info on AC/Heating, Door Open/Close, Speed/RPM, etc.

I will ask the seller for more information, but since they are not the manufacturer it might be difficult to get more specific answers.

Also, it seems like only the first picture is photoshopped (since it's the exact same as the third picture), but the rest look real.

There are lots of videos on youtube of people with 2015+ Mustangs using these and they look great, so I don't think the low resolution would really be an issue.

If anyone has any questions they want me to ask the seller, let me know!

1 - 20 of 1367 Posts