Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,711 Posts
Saw a Lucid the other day and they claim 520 miles on their top model.

At least I know where I can get spare C cell batteries if my flashlight goes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
What did your 1100hp V3 trap? I guess trap speed is less important from a roll with electric power as a faster car will have a hard time keeping up with a Plaid on the hit because of immediate torque advantage, right?
My V3 is around 1100hp at the crank... made 916 SAE on a pro hub mainline dyno. Built 388ci LT4 with 2650, port injection, pump e85, chiller, etc etc. I never took it to the track on the current setup, just street racing and dragy pulls. It seems to trap in the upper 140s on the street with shitty launches. I think it should be able to do 4s in the 60-130 but the best I've ever done in it was 5.07 after MANY attempts. It's a beast and a handful on the street. The Plaid did a 4.69 60-130 the very first time I tried it on a shitty street lol. I've seen people hit 4.5s-4.6s without weight reduction. It also does 4.5s 100-150. The Plaid launches so well with street tires and it is even deadlier from a roll. At 155mph it is still pulling very hard. It traps 152-153ish in the quarter and does 9.2s - 9.3s on average without any weight reduction. On street tires it cuts 1.46-1.48 60fts at the track, even on the 21" wheels. On a 20% charge it still does high 9s on the street lol. Absurd.

The power curve is insane in the plaid. With the graphs I've seen, from like 60-200mph it holds over 1000hp without dropping off. I think that is why it seems to take a much lighter car making 1100-1200whp to keep up with it on the street.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
My V3 is around 1100hp at the crank... made 916 SAE on a pro hub mainline dyno. Built 388ci LT4 with 2650, port injection, pump e85, chiller, etc etc. I never took it to the track on the current setup, just street racing and dragy pulls. It seems to trap in the upper 140s on the street with shitty launches. I think it should be able to do 4s in the 60-130 but the best I've ever done in it was 5.07 after MANY attempts. It's a beast and a handful on the street. The Plaid did a 4.69 60-130 the very first time I tried it on a shitty street lol. I've seen people hit 4.5s-4.6s without weight reduction. It also does 4.5s 100-150. The Plaid launches so well with street tires and it is even deadlier from a roll. At 155mph it is still pulling very hard. It traps 152-153ish in the quarter and does 9.2s - 9.3s on average without any weight reduction. On street tires it cuts 1.46-1.48 60fts at the track, even on the 21" wheels. On a 20% charge it still does high 9s on the street lol. Absurd.

The power curve is insane in the plaid. With the graphs I've seen, from like 60-200mph it holds over 1000hp without dropping off. I think that is why it seems to take a much lighter car making 1100-1200whp to keep up with it on the street.
Dam! Your V is insane and a great built! I guess it would require at minimum 1000whp for a V3 or V2 to keep up from a roll. How much more power do you think your V would need to trap 152mph or keep up with the Plaid. To just think the Model X Plaid will be coming out soon and that thing will probably trap mid to high 140s all day long! Insane!

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Dam! Your V is insane and a great built! I guess it would require at minimum 1000whp for a V3 or V2 to keep up from a roll. How much more power do you think your V would need to trap 152mph or keep up with the Plaid. To just think the Model X Plaid will be coming out soon and that thing will probably trap mid to high 140s all day long! Insane!
I'm guessing I'd need at least another 150whp in the V3 to keep up and trap the same.

I'm betting that Model X Plaid will be the fastest SUV out and probably run high 9s. Crazy

·
Registered
963 Posts
"Embrace technology cuz it isn't going to wait for you"

Reactions: m13s

·
Registered
317 Posts
We don't.

And I still have fun doing smokey burnouts in my slow Wagon - and I look amazing while doing it.

Call me when someone buys what's left of Tesla and starts making an attractive skin for all the battery packs.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
Heyyy…I’m not Tesla fanboy! I don’t even have an electric razor, let alone a car to plug in. I couldn’t afford the futuristic cars even if I did favor them.

·
Registered
963 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
735 Posts
It's amazing what issues and problems arise when people make laws and policy based on virtue signaling and how these things make them "feel".

It's like diesel exhaust fluid in California. That state is the reason DEF was brought to diesel engines for semi trucks because CARB said all the trucks coming in to the state needed to have less emissions. So DEF was engineered to class 8 semi trucks. NOW California has found that the burning of DEF through exhaust is doing more harm than good and they want to do away with it!

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
It's amazing what issues and problems arise when people make laws and policy based on virtue signaling and how these things make them "feel".

It's like diesel exhaust fluid in California. That state is the reason DEF was brought to diesel engines for semi trucks because CARB said all the trucks coming in to the state needed to have less emissions. So DEF was engineered to class 8 semi trucks. NOW California has found that the burning of DEF through exhaust is doing more harm than good and they want to do away with it!
"I'm from the Gov't and I'm here to help."

Reactions: Omgctsv and m13s

·
Premium Member
13,450 Posts

well the same state is outlawing gas mowers

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
735 Posts
I thought even California decided that the Governor didn't have executive authority to ban the sale of new gas engines as part of a Covid rescue bill?

·
Premium Member
3,924 Posts
I'll never give up my 28 year old, 2 stroke 6.5hp LawnBoy. Still smokes out the neighborhood on every startup!

Reactions: Teh V and adam112

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
It's going to be a massive cluster fuck of over grown lots, a disparate effect on minorities and a huge glut of lithium fires from all the trashed batteries within 5 years.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

41 - 56 of 56 Posts