Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

Registered
2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT Silver/Black
All the Plaid Versus videos recently caught my attention on YT as well. Hoonigans has this guy with a completely done up McLaren with over 1000hp getting worked by some dude in a plaid. They did from a dig, rolling starts, and one where the Plaid loaded 3 burly guys in the car with him and STILL dusted the McLaren off each time. Then there was this other video of some old square dude at the drag strip running his Plaid. Embarrassed some Red-eye with NOS. Then got reprimanded by the track manager for going faster than what's allowed at the strip. My take from it was what's the point in spending a fortune to make these fire breathing vehicles trying to set records and personal bests when someone can go cop a staright factory Tesla and smoke us? (I mean, aside from just the pure satisfaction of enjoying the hobby aspect of it. And if this is what E-cars are doing now, just imagine what's gonna be on the menu when it's all electric and the tech has progressed even more. Like 0-60 in 2 sec. Eventually a 0-60 time will be completely irrelevant. It'll be like "what's your cars 0-200mph looking like?"

Registered
'14 Coupe
Sure. How many plaids are out there that you are going to run into ?
And like someone pointed out earlier. I'm not waiting on it to charge for 2hr when I'm driving 4 states over, as well as I'm not bringing a generator when I'm in backcountry for a week..
This is just retarded. In my opinion.
I also can't wait till EPA fucks them over due to extreme emissions because of lithium mining/production, as well as electricity.
As soon as they are done milking the fossil fuel cow, they will go after EV..
Oh yeah, and have fun getting your shit hacked/ransomwared in the next few years. I mean how hard will that be ? You wanna drive your car ? That will be $800, or or your whole ECM is getting wiped clean.

Registered
All the Plaid Versus videos recently caught my attention on YT as well. Hoonigans has this guy with a completely done up McLaren with over 1000hp getting worked by some dude in a plaid. They did from a dig, rolling starts, and one where the Plaid loaded 3 burly guys in the car with him and STILL dusted the McLaren off each time. Then there was this other video of some old square dude at the drag strip running his Plaid. Embarrassed some Red-eye with NOS. Then got reprimanded by the track manager for going faster than what's allowed at the strip. My take from it was what's the point in spending a fortune to make these fire breathing vehicles trying to set records and personal bests when someone can go cop a staright factory Tesla and smoke us? (I mean, aside from just the pure satisfaction of enjoying the hobby aspect of it. And if this is what E-cars are doing now, just imagine what's gonna be on the menu when it's all electric and the tech has progressed even more. Like 0-60 in 2 sec. Eventually a 0-60 time will be completely irrelevant. It'll be like "what's your cars 0-200mph looking like?"

This is all why I got one :)
Four cars on three platforms trying to build a fast car. It was fun, but it was also very stressful. This is lazy, and I鈥檓 good with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Registered
There is another thread about this topic and built vs bought, driver becoming irrelevant when the car is programed for reading Christmas trees and driver just being a passenger like on a jet plane.

Premium Member
Shhhh鈥e don鈥檛 talk about that thread anymore, or do we
We don't.

And I still have fun doing smokey burnouts in my slow Wagon - and I look amazing while doing it.

Call me when someone buys what's left of Tesla and starts making an attractive skin for all the battery packs.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Registered
2012 Wagon A6
Test at PBIR on 9/25, witness claimed 8.14, 8.36, 8.38
Full stock how it comes off the showroom floor? Thats impressive.

Premium Member
The record is currently 9.08 in a Plaid with just about all the interior taken out and a lightweight driver. I don't doubt someone will run an 8 second pass but it will need several hundred pounds of weight reduction. Aside from the interior I'm thinking they will also need lightweight wheels and stickier tires. Tesla could definitely come out with a software update in the future that gives us some speed improvements and based on previous history, they likely will. Apparently the motors are capable of 1200hp but currently only pushing 1020hp. I think we'll see a track mode soon with drifting capabilities like the Model 3 has.

I have 1400+ miles on my Plaid already and still laugh every time I get on it or race it. For people saying they have no soul and they will never go electric.... go for a ride in one or drive one. I still laugh like crazy every time I get on it or race it. It feels like alien technology and is fun as hell to have that much usable power/torque on the street anytime you want it. It absolutely destroys my 1100 crank hp V3 and is much more usable year round and on ANY street. The V3 is currently on the 3rd motor rebuild and getting sold when done. I will definitely miss the cam chop/sound from the Caddy and never thought I would like electric but I was dead wrong.

I still love the aggressive styling of my V3 over my Plaid but I'm enjoying the sleeper aspect of the Tesla. It has a wider stance than the old model S that you have to see in person to appreciate. It also seems lower than the Caddy if using the low suspension setting.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Apparently the motors are capable of 1200hp but currently only pushing 1020hp.
I heard the Plaid Model S electric motors were capable of 1500hp. However, since you have a Plaid you probably have more informed information.

What did your 1100hp V3 trap? I guess trap speed is less important from a roll with electric power as a faster car will have a hard time keeping up with a Plaid on the hit because of immediate torque advantage, right?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

Reactions: houdini and tabio42

Registered
The Etron is so much prettier than the Tesla. Congrats on the purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks it wasn't me it was the old lady, I would have never even looked at it. Once I drove it I was like what the ever living fuck is this. It is the fastest, one of the best looking (interior and exterior) handles like it is on rails for a 5K fat pig and an absolute blast to drive. The best touring car I have ever driven. EVER. I have had everything from caddy's to Masi Quatroportte's to Mercedes. This car is that good and technology will only improve and get better. Does it have the soul of my 997.1 GT3 Cup? No but the mission statement is different. Once they get all season range to 400 miles + it's game over for ICE.
Mash the pedal and you are 100+ in an INSTANT. No noise just a whir and your gone, nothing on the road will keep up with it, nothing. (Production vehicles not modified) Car handles like a true GT car and is nimble in feeling for its heft.

I'm as Ice as they come and have been racing on and off for 35+ years. EV technology is here to stay and I for one can't wait to see the hybrid technology trickle down into my level of racing. What it will look like at the local level I don't know but I'm excited for the future.

How can you not like technology that improves performance.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts