Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if this video is any indication, I guess it will take take about 1000whp (maybe a little more due to weight) for any CTS-V to have a chance against one of these Model S PLAIDs from a rolling speed

Reactions: mememe123

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
So if this video is any indication, I guess it will take take about 1000whp (maybe a little more due to weight) for any CTS-V to have a chance against one of these Model S PLAIDs from a rolling speed

Sounded like the Mustang was spinning.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
200 Posts
so the apples v apples for a tesla is the tesla against the Bugatti Chiron, both AWD to make it equal, no point putting AWD cars against big hp rear wheel unless ur at the track with drag slicks

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
so the apples v apples for a tesla is the tesla against the Bugatti Chiron, both AWD to make it equal, no point putting AWD cars against big hp rear wheel unless ur at the track with drag slicks
By the numbers I think a Lucid Dream might give it a nice run, ultimately loosing to the Plaid. I heard the batteries in the Plaid is good for 1500hp, so Tesla could easily release an over the air update when the completion starts to close the gap.

Reactions: 07GTS

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
The Lucid looks sweet on paper but it hits the wallet pretty hard.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Lucid looks sweet on paper but it hits the wallet pretty hard.
Yeah, all of these electric cars are very costly to own. Before you know it the big 3 Michigan manufactures will be producing high powered electric on par with the Tesla Plaid performance at a fraction of the price. Overall, I like the looks of the Taycan Turbo the best. I'm pretty sure Porsche is readying a more powerful Taycan to punch back at Tesla.

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
2012 Wagon A6
38 Posts
Plaids are running low 8s in the quarter.
9's or 8's? The quickest Ive heard of so far is a 9.24 run by Jay Leno. That was about a month ago though.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Plaids are running low 8s in the quarter.
Huh?? Plaids run about 9.25 in the 1/4 fully charged. The fastest time overall right now I think is 9.1 by DragTimes with lighter wheels and stickier tires.

Full weight (non weight removal) Plaids will easily dip into the high 8s when Tesla release the first over-air power increase.

Now the upcoming Tesla roadster will in all likelihood be a mid to low 8 second car

·
Premium Member
13,458 Posts
that would be incredible.
im sure it will happen , someone will totally strip one down and have musk send a hot shot over the air tune lol

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
238 Posts
LOL at the amount of cope in YT comments. Shit is fucking funny.
New GT is like what, 35-40k ? TT kit plus fuel sys, and whatever other shit he has is probably ~30k maybe, you got a ~65k car beating tesla flagship 🤣🤣😭🤣

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
And he can fill up the tank in 2 minutes versus hours of charging.

Reactions: m13s and mememe123
1 - 20 of 56 Posts