Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been watching this thread and have been torn between the CWA50 and CWA100. Looking like the CWA100 is at ZR1 performance. I see a little feedback after install. Any lines collapsing?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
I've been watching this thread and have been torn between the CWA50 and CWA100. Looking like the CWA100 is at ZR1 performance. I see a little feedback after install. Any lines collapsing?
I’d get a Varimax over the CWA50. They flow the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Tobias at Tecomotive is checking the flow stats on the 09-13 ZR1 Pierburg pump everyone loves. We believe the CWA100 would be a great replacement(or upgrade). I will update with what he finds.
It was tested by Lingenfelter years ago...

·
Super Moderator
20,521 Posts
Not to mention I also tested the ZR1 pump, also years ago.

Maybe we should also retest the theory the world isn’t flat, that our solar system revolves around a single star and not the earth, and countless other things MOST of us take for granted now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
LOL. Now that's funny. The ZR1 pump was tested years ago, not the CWA100 and the stats from the manufacturer does not match the stats of flow in the system. So I guess what I am wanting to know is: Is the world flat? Lol
But seriously, What does the CWA100 flow in the system? Maybe someone has tested it against a ZR1 pump and I didn't see it?
I just thought that if we had the Pierburg stats on both pumps, it would shed some light on the comparison.
In my search I may have missed any CWA100 gpm flow in the CTSV. Please post if anyone has the flow(other than from Pierburg).

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
LOL. Now that's funny. The ZR1 pump was tested years ago, not the CWA100 and the stats from the manufacturer does not match the stats of flow in the system. So I guess what I am wanting to know is: Is the world flat? Lol
But seriously, What does the CWA100 flow in the system? Maybe someone has tested it against a ZR1 pump and I didn't see it?
I just thought that if we had the Pierburg stats on both pumps, it would shed some light on the comparison.
In my search I may have missed any CWA100 gpm flow in the CTSV. Please post if anyone has the flow(other than from Pierburg).
I’m confused what you’re trying to figure out. Manufacturers use very precise and expensive equipment to create flow charts for their pumps. The flow chart for the CWA100 is publicly available. It is a two dimensional flow vs head pressure graph. Do you just need to know what the system pressure would be?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I see the manufacturer stats on the CWA100 and I have no doubt they are very precise. I guess, I am having trouble seeing the comparison between the two pumps(ZR1 and CWA100). We have the manufactures specs for the CWA100 and in-system gpm flow of the ZR1, but not manufactures stats on the ZR1 and no in-system gpm for the CWA100. I guess what I really want to know is which one flows more gpm in the same system?
Yes, what is the (stock)system pressure?

·
Registered
957 Posts
This pump is the real deal. Key on you can really hear it moving fluid.

201 - 211 of 211 Posts