Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pulled the trigger on some 1700x’s for my current build. Although I know I could run the 1300’s up to 1000+ Rwhp, anted some extra breathing room.
Anyone else running the 1700’s? If so how do you like them?

with that said I will have some very low mile 1300x2’s for sale this upcoming week if anyone needs a set. Recently flow tested and cleaned by RC injector in Torrance CA and are all flowing excellent.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on some 1700x’s for my current build. Although I know I could run the 1300’s up to 1000+ Rwhp, anted some extra breathing room.
Anyone else running the 1700’s? If so how do you like them?

with that said I will have some very low mile 1300x2’s for sale this upcoming week if anyone needs a set. Recently flow tested and cleaned by RC injector in Torrance CA and are all flowing excellent.
I'd be in on these.. Are they the stock height (x2)? Please let me know..
Thanks, Jeff

·
Vendor
13,056 Posts
1700s work if you are on E85-E98 at all times. Take more scaling. They don't like to pulse low enough to run on 14.x stoich point fuels. With a triple pump return system I usually bump the pressure up and extend the 1300s since they can handle high pressure.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
1700s work if you are on E85-E98 at all times. Take more scaling. They don't like to pulse low enough to run on 14.x stoich point fuels. With a triple pump return system I usually bump the pressure up and extend the 1300s since they can handle high pressure.
you were one of the main ones telling me to go to the 1700’s. Lol I have the dm’s. But it will be on 85 most of the time for sure tho

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be in on these.. Are they the stock height (x2)? Please let me know..
Thanks, Jeff
hey Jeff, yes they are. I didn’t need any adapters.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
hey Jeff, yes they are. I didn’t need any adapters.
Ok, cool.. edit.. replied to message.. didn't see it right off... smh

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
13,056 Posts
you were one of the main ones telling me to go to the 1700’s. Lol I have the dm’s. But it will be on 85 most of the time for sure tho
You aren't going to need them if your base pressure isn't low with triple pumps but it also doesn't matter if you want to use them and the car will see nothing but E85-E98

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You aren't going to need them if your base pressure isn't low with triple pumps but it also doesn't matter if you want to use them and the car will see nothing but E85-E98
I follow you on the 85-98. What do you mean when you say “you aren’t going to need them if your base pressure isn’t low with triple pumps”?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
As in dropping. Running out of fuel.

If you can push more pressure you get even more headroom.

·
Vendor
13,056 Posts
I follow you on the 85-98. What do you mean when you say “you aren’t going to need them if your base pressure isn’t low with triple pumps”?
The injectors are rated at 43.5 psi. Base pressure is where you set your fuel pressure with the boost ref line off.

The injectors flow more at higher pressures and triple pumps are capable of delivering.

For example. The 1300x2 flow 1335cc/min at 43.5 psi. Bump pressure to 58 psi and they flow 1542cc/min. Bump it to 70 psi and they flow the same as a 1700 at 43.5 psi.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The injectors are rated at 43.5 psi. Base pressure is where you set your fuel pressure with the boost ref line off.

The injectors flow more at higher pressures and triple pumps are capable of delivering.

For example. The 1300x2 flow 1335cc/min at 43.5 psi. Bump pressure to 58 psi and they flow 1542cc/min. Bump it to 70 psi and they flow the same as a 1700 at 43.5 psi.

Got cha. Thanks for the details. I get what you’re saying now

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lt1z said:
... For example. The 1300x2 flow 1335cc/min at 43.5 psi. Bump pressure to 58 psi and they flow 1542cc/min. Bump it to 70 psi and they flow the same as a 1700 at 43.5 psi.

However, don't forget to subtract your boost level in PSI when doing calculations like the above. If your injectors flow 1542cc/min at 58 psi fuel pressure on a N/A combo (normal atmospheric pressure), but you are running 14.5 PSI of boost, the injectors will actually flow like they are at (58 PSI - 14.5 PSI) = 43.5 PSI or 1335cc/min. You have to subtract the boost pressure from the fuel pressure to get the flow rating the injectors will "see" in operation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts