Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone selling swaybars? I see none of the common vendors have anything.

Thank you for the guidance.

John

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks rocket, unfortunately I have a 12 sedan. Doubt they are interchangeable.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Fairly certain suspension is the same across all platforms coupe sedan or wagon from 9-15 sway bars should be identical if you want the stock ones. I’d try to hold out for weaponx ones. Maybe see if they would do another group buy. I’d be in on a set if it can be arranged

·
Premium Member
3,924 Posts
How about $500CAD?

Reactions: Karch

·
Registered
928 Posts
I think someone tried to organize a Weapon X group buy too soon after the one I organized. It has been over a year now though. I bet you could get enough interest to do another one. They are pricey, if you're offering someone $500 I think you'll be sticker shocked at the price. And organizing a group buy is a little bit of a PITA. But, if you want bars, your options are basically that or getting some prototype made on your own somewhere and possibly then dealing with something possibly not fitting?

·
Premium Member
16,455 Posts
$500 and I will take them off your hands.
Expect to pay around $1200 - and that's for the group buy with end links price.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,711 Posts
Expect to pay around $1200 - and that's for the group buy with end links price.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
And then there’s the wait...and that was prior to Covid with labor and supply chain issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,924 Posts
So that's a "no" to the five hundo loonies?

·
Registered
928 Posts
And then there’s the wait...and that was prior to Covid with labor and supply chain issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a good point. A group buy may not even be an option depending on possible issues with the supplier due to COVID. Hitting up Brent on Facebook is probably the best way to ask if you are interested enough to do the work to make it happen.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't do Facebook. I will find an option. Likely get a set made as suggested above. I can do all the design work and FEA myself so that is typically the expensive portion of it.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I don't do Facebook. I will find an option. Likely get a set made as suggested above. I can do all the design work and FEA myself so that is typically the expensive portion of it.
Good luck. Just be sure to go to a maker of sway bars and not just go get some tubing or bar bent to shape or you're going to see some weird behavior from bars yielding from improper material use. I'm sure the price difference will be high but the performance difference will be higher.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good luck. Just be sure to go to a maker of sway bars and not just go get some tubing or bar bent to shape or you're going to see some weird behavior from bars yielding from improper material use. I'm sure the price difference will be high but the performance difference will be higher.
Good advice thank you trz motorsports or someone like that would suffice

·
Registered
928 Posts
All I see from TRZ Motorsports is straight drag racing style ARBs. You might be able to make something like that work on the rear if the rear is all you are looking for but you'll likely have to modify your exhaust for that to work. If you want a rear bar that just fits it will need bends like the OE bar to go around things. If you want a front bar as well you'll definitely need something with the correct contours. I guess it depends on what you are trying to do and how much other stuff you're willing to modify to get it to work.

I'd personally try to find a more direct source of bars using a properly heat treated spring steal with the capability to get you the bends accurately located symmetrically. I don't have any suggestions readily available for some place that is just going to do a couple of prototype level bars though. Mubea would be totally not interested in that.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All I see from TRZ Motorsports is straight drag racing style ARBs. You might be able to make something like that work on the rear if the rear is all you are looking for but you'll likely have to modify your exhaust for that to work. If you want a rear bar that just fits it will need bends like the OE bar to go around things. If you want a front bar as well you'll definitely need something with the correct contours. I guess it depends on what you are trying to do and how much other stuff you're willing to modify to get it to work.

I'd personally try to find a more direct source of bars using a properly heat treated spring steal with the capability to get you the bends accurately located symmetrically. I don't have any suggestions readily available for some place that is just going to do a couple of prototype level bars though. Mubea would be totally not interested in that.
I was referring to a shop who specializes in automotive performance suspension work. Trz was an example.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts