Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Vendor
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Shipping to commence this week, WeaponX will provide tracking numbers to all who participated in the group buy. During the mfg process we ended up with a some extras that are available to anyone interested.

We will have at least 3, maybe 4 full sets and 2 extra front only bars. Anyone interested please reply here or [email protected]. Specs below on three hole adjustments:

Going from stock, the rate increase will be 2.120, or a 112% increase in stiffness. 10% increase increments on stiffer settings. On the rear bar, we will be going with the same specs at the last run, which will be OEM -10-20% stiffer than OEM.

Price is $1050 for bars, end links (required for purchase), and front sway bar bushings. Rear bar was designed to use OEM brackets and bushings.

Front bar only with adjustable end links and poly bushing (80 durometer) are $625 shipped.

·
Premium Member
14,878 Posts
How much are the front only bars going for?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have to check with WeaponX on that. I know they sold one front only with end links but I don't know the price. I'll post as soon as I get their reply.

·
Premium Member
14,878 Posts
I kind of feel like these swaybars are coming back from the dead... I keep forgetting about them and then JB's rotting corpse crawls out of the crypt and screams "I'm back!!!"

·
Registered
784 Posts
I kind of feel like these swaybars are coming back from the dead... I keep forgetting about them and then JB's rotting corpse crawls out of the crypt and screams "I'm back!!!"

I missed out on the last one, and drug my feet on this one as I didn't want insanely stiff. Got lucky they rolled it back so I could grab a set. But then it became a hurry up and wait scenario. Learning to forget about orders helps the time go by, lol.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Going from stock, the rate increase will be 2.120, or a 112% increase in stiffness. 10% increase increments on stiffer settings. On the rear bar, we will be going with the same specs at the last run, which will be OEM -10-20% stiffer than OEM.
Just out of curiosity, what settings are guys running for an aggressive street setup with neutral to mild oversteer on sedans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FYI - WeaponX will include anyone who purchases these bars this week in their Labor Day Sale Drawing which concludes this weekend. One set sold over the weekend, so 3 full sets left...

·
Premium Member
14,878 Posts
FYI - WeaponX will include anyone who purchases these bars this week in their Labor Day Sale Drawing which concludes this weekend. One set sold over the weekend, so 3 full sets left...
I should have cancelled then bought them back for a chance at the prizes!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I have my original set on the center holes front and rear. The set up is too tight. Too much understeer. I've been waiting for a weekend when it's not a million degrees with 100% humidity to crawl under the car and move the rear links to the inner holes to see how that changes things. My other option is moving the fronts to the outer holes, but I don't want to give up the roll stiffness. Though I suppose there's no reason I have to set the links the same way on both sides. How much torque it takes to twist the bar doesn't change as a function of which side of the bar you twist... I think.

·
Vendor
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How much are the front only bars going for?

Front bar only with adjustable end links and poly bushing (80 durometer) are $625 shipped.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I should have cancelled then bought them back for a chance at the prizes!

Same here!

Glad these are shipping out! Any idea when tracking info will be provided? I want to go ahead and set an appointment to have the install done.

·
Vendor
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, as I just learned late yesterday and luck would have it the powder coat facility returned inferior product Wednesday which our manufacturer immediately rejected and returned. The front bars are being sand blasted clean and re-coated so shipping has been delayed a couple days. We now expect these to go out the door Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

After all this time we want a quality product, and unfortunately that was not the case this first pass...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.