Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been pouring over the many threads on here and have put together my list of things I doing in hopes that I can get feedback about anything I might be missing or need to add to the list.

Here is the list of things I am doing:

• Eibach coupe lowering springs
  • Creative steel front bushings (black street version)
  • New UCAs and LCAs (to replace ball joints)
  • New OEM magride shocks
  • Creative steel rear subframe bushings (black street version)
  • Creative steel rear diff bushing set (black street version)
Note: I am also having the motor mounts replaced with the creative steel mounts (black urethane) if it makes a difference.

My question is should I be considering doing anything else while this is all going to be apart? I have read about the others replacing the end link bushings and installing nord lock washers. I haven't had the issue with arms moving, but wonder if I should be doing these anyway while I am at it.

Appreciate the feedback from all you cunts on here with experience!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Man all these views and no replies. Are there no cunts left in this forum that have some answers? Even a smart ass response would be better than this. Wait for it....:unsure:

·
Registered
243 Posts
The Creative Steel bushing set for the arms will come with nordlock washers. I went with their red bushing for everything except the diff, since I wanted to tighten my car up and didn't want to intense vibration that comes from nearly solid diff bushings. I've read that the black bushings are very similar to stock, so if I were you I'd just run the stock bushings provided that come in your new UCA and LCA.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Creative Steel bushing set for the arms will come with nordlock washers. I went with their red bushing for everything except the diff, since I wanted to tighten my car up and didn't want to intense vibration that comes from nearly solid diff bushings. I've read that the black bushings are very similar to stock, so if I were you I'd just run the stock bushings provided that come in your new UCA and LCA.
How’s the black for the diff I’m at abou 760 to the wheels and plan maybe mid 800 when I’m done do you think I could still get away with the blacks! I have reds for everything else to sitting here waiting to be installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is your end goal ?
I'm just looking to replace the old worn out bushings and shocks. I already have most of the parts and just wanted to see what others might recommend I do while this is all apart. In terms of HP I am looking at probably taking up to 700 WHP max. Right now I am at about 560 WHP. I have a flex fuel kit to install and I am looking at doing a cam as well.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I already have all the CS stuff. I am going with black as I am trying to keep somewhat of a decent ride. I basically have all the CS parts you can get now. I forgot to mention I have just under 80K on the clock and this is the first time doing any of this maintenance. Was thinking about wheel bearings also while we are at it.

Reactions: BV_Mully

·
Registered
243 Posts
How’s the black for the diff I’m at abou 760 to the wheels and plan maybe mid 800 when I’m done do you think I could still get away with the blacks! I have reds for everything else to sitting here waiting to be installed

CS recommends the reds for anything over 700 whp. You could always try the blacks and see if keep the diff stable. If not, sell them on here and pick up the reds.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What about the ball joints? At just under 80K miles should they be replaced? Looks like the easiest option will be to just buy new UCAs and LCAs that comes with them. Then just have to install all the CS bushing into those I guess.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I’m doing my lower ball joint just because we are there and they have everything apart. For the upper I just bought brand new whole upper control arm kit from gm so that my mechanic can press the bushings in those before I get there to make install faster and I will have replace almost everything in the suspension!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts