Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have some kind of high pitched squeaking noise from my front right wheel area. The car only does it when it’s warm and it’s a lot more noticeable in sport mode and seems to go away more in tour. That is what makes me think it’s suspension related. When the car is parked, I can go to the front right wheel and if I push hard forward and back on it, I can replicate the squeaking noise only when warm though. It’s also more pronounced in a slow right hand turn. Any ideas?

I know as soon as I take it to the dealer, they will have it sit there for an hour before test driving it and it won’t do it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Are you sure it isn't coming from the brakes? There's been a lot of threads about the dreaded brake squeak, I took my 2016 to the dealer and they replaced all 4 pads under warranty, solved the problem. They are engaged when parked, which could explain what you are hearing (rubbing?) when you rock the car from the outside. I don't recall any threads discussing suspension issues like this, but perhaps you're the first to bring it up.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
516 Posts
Front Anti-roll bar...check the connectors from the arm to the bar

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. Taking it to the dealer today and will mention both of those things to them. I made videos and its very pronounced.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: Dealer couldn’t replicate the issue. Tried to blame my aftermarket exhaust. I had to tell them this was happening well before the exhaust and then I showed them the video of the noise and that shut them up. They did a brake service but that didn’t do anything.

It’s just so odd. When I put the car in reverse, it’s completely silent going over bumps When I go back into drive, it starts squeaking again. Any ideas on what would cause that phenomenon?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've included a video I made. This is going over a speedbump. First you will hear the front go over and then you will hear the rear. I am not pressing the brake at any time.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
516 Posts
Dude, like I said, there was a TSB on the connecting arms for the front ant-roll bar.

Reactions: Omgctsv

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dude, like I said, there was a TSB on the connecting arms for the front ant-roll bar.
So the bulletin describes a clunking noise whereas this is a high pitched squeak. I can see if they can look at it, but judging from the description it doesn't seem like it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts