Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sharing this with you guys. Been poking around and found an incredibly suspect listing for a '14 Wagon on Autotrader. I took it upon myself to do the "email the seller" from the app and it set off a few more alarm bells.

This is the listing: Autotrader - page unavailable

And this is the reply email:

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Sounds legit...just send over the check...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I will offer to be the middleman for you on this . Make the check out to me for your safety......

Reactions: Kadams29

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the listed 18k mileage, then them saying 28k in the email set of some bells. But the first thing that set off bells is that they're at least $30k light in price right now.

And listing says TN, but in email they say they're in Iowa. Tennesee and Iowa aren't really all that close in the grand scheme.

·
Premium Member
12,915 Posts
once you say you will come see the car in person the scam usually stops there

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh I was never going to pursue the vehicle. No one in their right mind would sell a '14 V-Wagon with 18k or 28k miles for $30k. I just thought their replies were kinda funny, and was also wondering if anyone here might know who's pictures they stole.

Looks like both angles were covered here.

·
Premium Member
12,915 Posts
Oh I was never going to pursue the vehicle. No one in their right mind would sell a '14 V-Wagon with 18k or 28k miles for $30k. I just thought their replies were kinda funny, and was also wondering if anyone here might know who's pictures they stole.

Looks like both angles were covered here.
pictures are stolen from a BAT listing

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
In the same vein

·
Premium Member
3,562 Posts
20201019_070551.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts