Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive been doing some research and thinking about having my snout and blower ported. A name that always pops up is Jokerz, and while I don't think I would be disappointed, I'm on a budget and cant swing that much.

Has anyone had their porting done by the guy on ebay? Link below. Pics look pretty good. Just thought I would check before potentially giving this guy a try....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Supercharger-Snout-Porting-LSA-LS9-LT4-ZL1-CTSV-ZR1-Z06-HellCat/302685025208?hash=item46796ef3b8:g:HCAAAOSweBFapLFh&vxp=mtr

·
Super Moderator
20,830 Posts
I just saw that. Looks a bit rough. You are better off waiting and getting the whole thing ported, and done right, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
I just saw that. Looks a bit rough. You are better off waiting and getting the whole thing ported, and done right, IMO.

And done by Someone with a proven track record.
This and this. It's a situation where if the ebay job is bad, you don't just potentially lose money on the port work but also could find yourself needing a new snout and/or blower.

·
Super Moderator
16,993 Posts
Contact Steve Boldizsar at power dynamics. He is a proven vendor here with porting Superchargers, heads, throttle bodies and oil pumps.

I am very pleased with my ported SC and TB from Steve.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input. Ive emailed back and forth with the guy a few times, seems like he has done quite a few. I think the finish looks pretty nice, someone above mentioned it looks kinda rough. Anyways, I'm going to keep saving for now and go from there. The ebay guy said he is going to post dyno results and more pictures of a whole supercharger that he ported in the near future.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey!! I agree with the others, better off going with someone with a proven track record. However, I did shoot this guy some questions to see what he replies back with....

Thanks for the input. Ive emailed back and forth with the guy a few times, seems like he has done quite a few. I think the finish looks pretty nice, someone above mentioned it looks kinda rough. Anyways, I'm going to keep saving for now and go from there. The ebay guy said he is going to post dyno results and more pictures of a whole supercharger that he ported in the near future.

Reactions: MYV

·
Premium Member
15,017 Posts
All he's doing is polishing the surface.

He didn't smooth out or remove the lower bolt boss transition (where the snout bolts on), nor did he do much of anything to the snout judging by the amount of material still left by the o-ring bevel. And the snout is where the action happens.

That's a waste of $200 plus $70 to ship it one way...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
531 Posts
I would either go with Bett (jokerz) or Karch but thats me. Boost mode racing does some nice work I've heard too. Good luck

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
I would either go with Bett (jokerz) or Karch but thats me. Boost mode racing does some nice work I've heard too. Good luck
All that David Black guy does is steal Jokerz pictures and polish up the blower pretty just like this ebay guy.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Almost got me 2, guy on EBay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback, haven’t done anything yet. Im surprised you guys say he just polishes the surface, when you look at the rear pictures there is quite a bit difference in size, and just because the oring size isn’t changed much, the hole size is 90mm stock so I’d throttle body is stock, does this really matter? He shows a pic of all the material he removed, looks pretty significant. Whose going to try this guy first and let us all know how it goes? LOL

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, haven’t done anything yet. Im surprised you guys say he just polishes the surface, when you look at the rear pictures there is quite a bit difference in size, and just because the oring size isn’t changed much, the hole size is 90mm stock so I’d throttle body is stock, does this really matter? He shows a pic of all the material he removed, with 100% feedback, he has to be somewhat credible?
Brett (jokerz) did a friend of mine blower, his work is top notch and proven. That's who will be doing my port work when the time comes.

Reactions: Mnguyen559 and MYV

·
Premium Member
15,017 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, haven’t done anything yet. Im surprised you guys say he just polishes the surface, when you look at the rear pictures there is quite a bit difference in size, and just because the oring size isn’t changed much, the hole size is 90mm stock so I’d throttle body is stock, does this really matter? He shows a pic of all the material he removed, looks pretty significant. Whose going to try this guy first and let us all know how it goes? LOL
Sure. EBay your port work.

Buy your alignment at Wal-Mart.

Buy your cheap headers from China.

Buy a rip off ethanol kit.

Buy the cheapest remote tune you can find.

Cut any corners you can to save a buck. It's all in the name of finding "the best" product you can - which is code for "the cheapest shit I can find."

It will all work out fine.

This is what I got from Jokerz last time around:

Notice the (missing) lower hump for the bolt, the lack of an o-ring at the throttle body surface and how much more material was removed to hog it out that far. You also can't appreciate the welding done to expand the snout that he and Formato do.

But hey... that no-name eBay guy is cheaper - so it must be legit.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am very happy with the work Karch and Power Dynamics did on my blower. Go with the proven guys and save yourself some headaches.

Reactions: MYV and Karch
1 - 19 of 19 Posts