Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got my supercharger replaced under warranty at the dealer about a month and a half to two months ago. Less than 200 miles later, I notice the car lightly shakes while it's idling. So i popped the hood, and observed it outside the car. I noticed the solid isolator marble supercharger rattle is still in fact there and now when it does it, the rattling is abnormally loud and causes the car to shake. I don't think its supposed to start rattling this soon, but what do I know. This happens periodically as the car idles. I must also add the dealer i went to scratched the car a few places and gave me the impression they were not very professional at all. I feel like they probably installed it wrong somehow or forgot to do something. Perhaps they did not change it at all and tried a cheap diy fix? They strike me as a dealer that would claim they did work but cut corners anyway possible to make a buck. Trust me,I have many reasons to say this. My experience with them was not normal at all. Any ideas? The vehicle is still under factory warranty and I extended the cpo warranty so i'm going to take it into the dealer Tuesday. Any advice to tell the service adviser would be great.
Also forgot to add that i'm going to another dealer. Not the unprofessional one I mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Good choice on new dealer. I drive 30 miles to another dealer instead of the one 3 miles away.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Your replacement supercharger more than likely still has a spring loaded isolator in it. Mine did. I pulled the snout and put a solid one in.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Had mine replaced last month and it came with the spring isolator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts