Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Given my recent dealings with the only 3 partial sources I could find for calculating boost and Supercharger RPM, I thought it'd be a good idea to have a Pulley calculator instead of having to resort to un-interactive tables. I wasn't able to find one using the search on this forum or Google so I did my best to make one. I couldn't embed it here for some reason so the link is below.

LINK-LSA Pulley Ratio Calculator

The only problem I think I have is that I cant seem to dial in the pulley ratio to boost calculation to match what the WeaponX table shows. I used the following calculation from this source https://www.lsxconcepts.com/zl1-cts-v-lsa-superchargers/

Pulley Ratio Math:

8.58 / 2.95 = 2.908 (crank pulley dia. / blower pulley dia. = pulley ratio)

Now we can calculate boost with the new pulley ratio

Therefore: 7.92/2.6 x 2.908 = 8.85lbs boost

(current boost/current pulley ratio x new pulley ratio = new boost value)
Im open to suggestions if y'all have any :cool:

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I have no input but I like the effort!

PINNACLE PERFORMANCE
Contact me for go-fast parts-
Varimax and EMP pumps, HX Reservoirs, Injector Dynamics, Deatschwerks, Airaid, Kooks headers, Nitrous Express, lid spacers, supercharger pulleys, Forgestar wheels, and more.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no input but I like the effort!

PINNACLE PERFORMANCE
Contact me for go-fast parts-
Varimax and EMP pumps, HX Reservoirs, Injector Dynamics, Deatschwerks, Airaid, Kooks headers, Nitrous Express, lid spacers, supercharger pulleys, Forgestar wheels, and more.
Thanks Anil :)

·
Super Moderator
17,042 Posts
How will your calculator handle atmospheric, elevation, intake, porting, cam, heads, exhaust modifications.

I just don't think it's worth the effort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How will your calculator handle atmospheric, elevation, intake, porting, cam, heads, exhaust modifications.

I just don't think it's worth the effort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I completely agree that there are far too many variables to accurately predict actual Boost level. Its meant more as an easy way to quickly put a pulley combination together. If I can get the Boost to match the general consensus regarding pulley combination and ballpark PSI, then I think it could be a nice bonus.

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
You need to add the 10.5" lower

But I like the visualization of Ben's chart for typical pulley ratios

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You need to add the 10.5" lower
10.5? :eek: Done!

But I like the visualization of Ben's chart for typical pulley ratios

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
You're right about that. But I think what turned me off about his chart is that he lists only 2 popular options (2.50, 2.40) with the stock Crank pulley when there are at-least 5 popular choices from what I've gathered (2.38, 2.40, 2.45, 2.50, 2.55). I know it's minimal, but that extra 0.05 could mean the difference between life and death for the stock cats.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Awesome tool. I built an excel version for myself a while back but this is much more "interactive". Nice work.
I did the same, made one in excel that shows all the RPM in 100 increments including blower speed at the 100 rpm increments

Reactions: 2advanced

·
Registered
63 Posts
I finally played around with it today, and I have to say it's a pretty cool little calculator. Definitely takes the work out of hunting all over the place for text that half explains what you have here.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome tool. I built an excel version for myself a while back but this is much more "interactive". Nice work.
I did the same, made one in excel that shows all the RPM in 100 increments including blower speed at the 100 rpm increments
I finally played around with it today, and I have to say it's a pretty cool little calculator. Definitely takes the work out of hunting all over the place for text that half explains what you have here.
Thanks guys! Making an Excel spreadsheet was my first thought but I really wanted something interactive and mouse/touch friendly. Now I just gotta figure out how to embed it here.

·
Super Moderator
20,868 Posts
I'm sorry, but the pulley ratio and blower speed are very simple calculations, but if you're going to do a configurator, I would suggest fields that include upper and lower idlers, as well as with and without relocation brackets, to determine belt length.

Boost level is not able to be calculated; at best, it can be estimated, but as mentioned, so many variables I think it would be misleading at best.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any chance to update this calculator to go to 6.70" since a lot of guys are doing LSA blowers on LS3 cars and using the LS3 serpentine system. So the lower pulley is anywhere from 6.78" (10% UD from ATI) to 7.48" which is the stock size crank pulley. Also this is an awesome calculator for those of us new to doing all the math, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Enter these into Excel. You'll need to manually enter the blank cells, but the cells with "=" will calculate the values for you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts