Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after putting my lid on and starting the car. I had coolant leaking into the supercharger. The car was idle and suddenly stops. I go into the front of the engine when I realized there was coolant inside the lid/superchargeler. So I pulled out the intake and the lid and there was a lot of coolant in there. I cleaned everything as much as I could and performed oil change to inspect the oil since it was being dumped into the combustion cylinder by the supercharger. There was definetly coolnat in the oil, so I performed 3 different oil changes to clean out the coolant and started it for about 2 mins between oilchanges. The last oil change I left it on for about 25 mins and oil pressure was around 25psi at temp and maybe 800rpm idle. At that point I realize the car was normal and stop it and went back to turn it on again and it would crank but no start. There was no smoke out the tail pipes or abnormal engine noise while idle. . What should I focus up on next for this issue. ?

·
Super Moderator
16,918 Posts
How did you fix the coolant leak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,918 Posts
Should only take 1 oil change and a full heat cycle drive or two to burn off any coolant remnants in the oil. Maybe 50 miles highway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay because I went to the extreme and made multiple oilchanges. Since I did a cam kit on the car the battery sat for about 4 months. Maybe the battery drained trying to turn on the car. But like I said the car was starting between oil changes and it was left on idle for about 25 mins and was normal. I have a base tune in the car to just get it start it and maybe drive it around so its not fully tune yet. But it jusy cranks but no start. I left the battery charging over night so I will try again tonight. But if this doesn't turn on I don't know what to do next. Maybe a compression test and verify evening is good on the cylinders.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay. If it doesn't start with a fresh battery I'll start there. Thank you. I'll keep you updated

·
Super Moderator
16,918 Posts
You are slowly piecing this together, you never mentioned adding a cam and base tune etc.

Talk to your tuner, may be a lack of start up air or even injector settings.

Most helpful if you give full details first. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
crank no start , check for the major three . spark , fuel and air.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My tuner gave me a base tune for all the stuff I have upgraded so it didn't give me problem right when I started it. It game the problem after the collant was dumped into the supercharger.

·
Registered
326 Posts
be more specific on the lid install. was this a stock lid/brick? what is your boost level? was there an instance where a failure could be considered?

·
Super Moderator
16,918 Posts
Did you push the car too hard on only a base tune?

Did you hydro lock the engine with a coolant leak from the brick?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The car was not moving and it got hydro lock with coolant at 800rpm idle. I charged the battery over night and it started right back up now. Thank for the feedback guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts