Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my car to to the Cadillac dealer to have the Supercharger replaced. I was under the assumption the new supercharger came with a solid coupler. I pulled the snout off to change the pulley and it has a spring coupler. Has anybody else have a spring coupler.

·
Premium Member
5,935 Posts
I brought my car to to the Cadillac dealer to have the Supercharger replaced. I was under the assumption the new supercharger came with a solid coupler. I pulled the snout off to change the pulley and it has a spring coupler. Has anybody else have a spring coupler.
What was the part number for the replacement blower on your service order

·
Premium Member
13,458 Posts
they might have actually went back over the spring one

If planning mods I would say to swap a solid in yourself now unless you think you can convince the dealer to do it again.
The new TSB states some noise so maybe to avoid noise issues they went back over to the spring loaded

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did a 2.55 upper two weeks ago , mine had the solid coupler ,supercharger was replaced march 2015

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Sorry for the cross/double post:

I'm in the middle of swapping out the isolator in my 3rd replacement supercharger right now... This is supercharger 12670278, which replaced/super ceded supercharger 19303635 (which has the solid isolator, but "buzzes" between 800-1000rpms give or take). I was hearing the marbles in a tin can again, albeit very faint, but regardless, being that this is my 3rd supercharger it made me a little paranoid. I have had this supercharger on the car for 3,987 miles. I was a little surprised once I got the snout off...

Low and behold, 12670278 does in fact have the spring isolator and is caked in a shit ton of blueish grease:

BUT, look at the shaft, no wear! Could the slight rattle that I am hearing just be the spring rattling against the plastic of the of the iso?

I am now contemplating just keeping the spring loaded one in there, being that I don't wanna go back to the heat shield sounding "buzz" that supercharger 19303635 exhibited. I have the lingenfelter solid here, waiting to be installed, but would like to get some opinions before I proceed.... Do you all say just swap the solid in there, or take my chances and continue with the spring loaded one?

This is the lingenfelter solid, has anyone experienced any "buzzes" or other odd noises from this?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I don't notice anything. I'll check on the way home.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
This kinda of thing has happened before. Anyone remember the two piece rotor fix? It goes like this. There is an issue. Find the fastest fix for said issue until we can find a cheaper fix.

So no doubt GM issued the TSB to replace the SC with a new solid ISO SC and then later figered out to just put a shit load of grease in there and try to solve both the original issue and the new buzz issue.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I got a replacement last fall. Drove it directly home and pulled the snout to have the 2.4 pulley put on and mine also had the spring style isolator. I threw it in the trash and put a solid one in.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Does
Your
Car
Buzz
No buzz from the LPE Isolator. No noticeable noise at all. Have others had noise? I did the LPE because the issues with the Metco that Joker identified.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I have the replacement blower with the solid iso and got the buzz until i put my 2.4 on and the buzz left with the stock sized pulley. The real problem is that the factory didnt start with the 2.4 or 2.5 to begin with.

·
Premium Member
17,443 Posts
I have the replacement blower with the solid iso and got the buzz until i put my 2.4 on and the buzz left with the stock sized pulley. The real problem is that the factory didnt start with the 2.4 or 2.5 to begin with.
Lol!!! But you are correct, the 2.5 and 2.4 simply resolve the buzz by getting the SC harmonics to a different frequency mode.

·
Premium Member
13,458 Posts
Lol!!! But you are correct, the 2.5 and 2.4 simply resolve the buzz by getting the SC harmonics to a different frequency mode.
fuckers

I dont know what to do now. I have an appointment monday to bring my car in but I think they are just listening to it.
Im waiting for this to be resolved and im finally going for the pulley swap and some other mods

I currently have a replacement SC with a solid iso but the car sounds like a jalopy.
Get a new snout and it might come with a spring iso, or keep what I got and just mod the car

·
Premium Member
17,443 Posts
I say if your SC is fairly fresh, swap to solid iso and upper pulley and be done, way better than letting the dealer even touch it.

Reactions: TY2185

·
Premium Member
13,458 Posts
its stock, and has a replacement SC with a solid ISO, but car sounds like crap

·
Premium Member
13,458 Posts
You realize you probably have the most posts of anyone here that is stock?

You deserve a month's free membership here.

For CNC ported blowers and more, visit:
Dynamicflowconcepts.net
I hoard parts for all kinds of cars if it makes you feel any better lol

every year its something. To start out with every winter has been brutal and I dont drive the car at all when the roads are salty.

first summer I had the car I was so overloaded with Hurricane Sandy boat repair work and repairing my flooded house I just left it alone
then I had the obvious rattle so they replaced the SC, then I had the new noise and here I am

its my "daily" and I put 3000 miles on it last year, there are no drag strips that close so honestly it didnt really bother me that much rarely can you really open it up around here

1 - 20 of 25 Posts