Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
looked up videos on the youtube and I should be getting up to 9-10 under WOT. I removed my new intake thinking maybe something is not right but still the same issue with stock intake . Full WOT and it never goes above 4-5. I’ll drop it off Monday to the dealer I guess

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
looked up videos on the youtube and I should be getting up to 9-10 under WOT. I removed my new intake thinking maybe something is not right but still the same issue with stock intake . Full WOT and it never goes above 4-5. I’ll drop it off Monday to the dealer I guess
please update when you do

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I guess the real question would be are you getting a lack of boost or is the gauge not working. I’ve only felt what power the car has from when I bought it a week ago. I have nothing to compare

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I guess the real question would be are you getting a lack of boost or is the gauge not working. I’ve only felt what power the car has from when I bought it a week ago. I have nothing to compare
I feel like I’m driving my old v2 . There is power but I don’t know what the v3 are supposed to feel like . I also don’t know if I would be able to tell if I’m missing 4-5 lbs I’d boost. Either way I have it schd to be dropped off on Monday and let them deal with it. Something isn’t right ... electronic or supercharger.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
did they give much trouble about it? Or was it pretty easy
Service guy called me and said the mechanic ordered a new supercharger and they will keep me updated. Everything engine wise is stock so there is nothing they could try and use to void the warranty

·
Registered
93 Posts
Did they say what was wrong or how they diagnosed it? Or are they just going off the TSB? I have the ticking noise too. Now I have to check my boost.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Did they say what was wrong or how they diagnosed it? Or are they just going off the TSB? I have the ticking noise too. Now I have to check my boost.

The mechanic was gone for the day so the service guy could only see he ordered a new supercharger but he will call me today to verify what the issue was

·
Registered
93 Posts
They got a new SC that quick? Good dealer. Couldn't they had just replaced the bypass valve?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
They got a new SC that quick? Good dealer. Couldn't they had just replaced the bypass valve?

Guess the valve and supercharger is a whole unit . They were able to get a new supercharger the next day. Waited an extra day cause some coolant fitting broke

21 - 40 of 40 Posts