Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to run string of some sort from the trunk up to the sunroof in the rear drain tubes? I can get about 3ft and then my weed wacker string hits a wall. I really don't want to drop the headliner if I don't have to. I was able to clear both the front tubes by running the string through from both ends to where I could grab it on the other end. The rears not so much so I'm beginning to wonder if it's possible or if there is a bend somewhere I'm not aware of.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Go to a bike shop and get a 3 ft. brake cable. It's way more stout then weed whacker line. But I think the rear "dead-end" into a splitter type of device and then from there it heads out of the car. You just need to remove some of the rear liners in the trunk to see where they go. Super easy. You can actually see one of the drain tubes if you remove the battery hatch on the passenger side.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Search, I have repaired a lot of these. Need to do more then run a string thru them. Need to modify the ends.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Search, I have repaired a lot of these. Need to do more then run a string thru them. Need to modify the ends.
I went ahead and cleared the lines with weed wacker line and tested the flow which seems to work just fine. I'm not sure if I can run the line all the way from the rear tubes up to sunroof as it hits a dead end it seems like. So, is it possible?

What I am concerned about is the exit points where that grommet is, both front and rear. Got a link for a more permanent fix? I'm not replacing the tubes with larger diameter ones at this time but would like to do something with those exit points if possible. PM if you want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE

Don't use weed wacker string as it's not nearly stiff enough to go through some of the gunk our drain tubes can collect over time. So, I ran some bicycle brake line through the tubes and cleared them thoroughly (since I don't own an air compressor). After doing so the rear tubes were still dripping at the connection to the sunroof. I used some hairspray and slide the tubes into place as best I could and zip tied both the sunroof connection and the tube/nipple connection and all seems to be fixed now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts