Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah yeah CA sucks but it is what it is. Truthfully, I'm more concerned about voiding my bumper to bumper GM warranty since my first smog is not until 2027...

What would you suggest for a warranty friendly mod path? I figure if I can't pulley/tune or add 'more' power, best thing would be to preserve the power I have and maximize usage... which leads me straight to cooling.

Are the small fender/engine bay expansion tanks worthwhile? My car seems to have a pretty big power drop after the first freeway hit. Maybe the volume doesn't help much but keeping it flowing (burped) might be worth the cost?

Upgraded heat exchanger(s) worthwhile? Which one(s)?

Honestly, if I could keep all of the power hit after hit the same as the first, I'd be satisfied considering the circumstances. Already have Rotofab/DSX lid since those are easily reversible.

Should I say screw it and pulley/tune? Warranty still good for the rest of the non-drivetrain stuff lol

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I think your first mod should be something to allow you to monitor/log your performance. If you can monitor your IATs you can determine if additional cooling will help.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Sticky tires? Window tint? Power mods won't void the warranty but can easily cause specific repairs to be denied coverage. Like fully and tune, but the rear axle fails, likely won't be covered, but a CUE screen would be.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Id say you can do an intake and supercharger lid to add decent power without needing a tune. Cooling always helps. Exhaust sounds good but doesnt help with power. Cosmetic mods?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Id say you can do an intake and supercharger lid to add decent power without needing a tune. Cooling always helps. Exhaust sounds good but doesn't help with power. Cosmetic mods?
If you change the intake, either buy a CARB approved intake or keep your stock intake for smog testing. K&N and Roto-Fab are not approved. I did not see any status on Airaid..

·
Registered
35 Posts
not sure how far youre looking to go with no tune, but iirc LME dropped a ported blower on an untuned LT4 blackwing and picked up like 40hp, im sure someone has tested it on a ctsv/zl1.

cooling mods will definitely help, stock tune adds timing below 90* IATs, ice box/chiller for max effect

running ms109 in mine with stock tune picked up .3-.4 in the 1/4 mile, gets expensive quick running 10/gal fuel but if you know youre going out to fuck around with it dump 10 gallons in it

·
Registered
131 Posts
not sure how far youre looking to go with no tune, but iirc LME dropped a ported blower on an untuned LT4 blackwing and picked up like 40hp, im sure someone has tested it on a ctsv/zl1.

cooling mods will definitely help, stock tune adds timing below 90* IATs, ice box/chiller for max effect

running ms109 in mine with stock tune picked up .3-.4 in the 1/4 mile, gets expensive quick running 10/gal fuel but if you know youre going out to fuck around with it dump 10 gallons in it
I believe you mean LMP (late model performance)

Reactions: randeez
1 - 8 of 8 Posts