Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone see this video yet? Cool video that I thought I would share since it uses the gen 2 engine.

· Registered
4,438 Posts
Needs an aeropackage

· Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Needs an aeropackage
Possibly so as long as the sleeper look is maintained.
Cadillac should’ve done this with one of their midsize SUVs like the old SRX.

Reactions: mememe123

· Registered
4,438 Posts
Possibly so, as long as it maintained the sleeper look.
Cadillac should’ve done this with one of their midsize SUVs like the old SRX.
I thought the same....or done the ATS-V turbo 6 banger in them.

Reactions: Hotsoss

· Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

· Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reactions: Blades1_99

· Registered
4,438 Posts
Yeah, the turbo 6 would've been a good choice as well.
Part of the problem with Cadillac and the V series.

I think there is an AMG of nearly every Mercedes model and same with "M" series for BMW.

Cadillac could have done a V treatment with Escalades and smaller UTEs

Reactions: Hotsoss

· Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Part of the problem with Cadillac and the V series.

I think there is an AMG of nearly every Mercedes model and same with "M" series for BMW.

Cadillac could have done a V treatment with Escalades and smaller UTEs
I agree 100%! Cadillac really missed an easy opportunity.

Both AMG and M primarily use either their TT V8s or their TT 6s.

Cadillac should've done the same. The opportunity is now lost as everything is moving to electricity now.

• Sad
Reactions: Blades1_99

· Registered
55 Posts
caddy needed a viable, slightly desirable mid-sized SUV to make this work. Couldn‘t just ‘V wash’ the entire Caddy line-up w/out diluting what V meant. There is something in economics called a “Veblen good“ (I am not making this up) and unlike most products where demand goes up when price goes down, a Veblen good is the opposite so if say, a Rolex is priced too low, demand dries up. Usually applies to luxury goods. BMW 318ti prob exemplifies this well in our car world. i bet some of this is also true for the performance sub-brands from BMW, MB, Audi and Caddy — go to the well too often with M Line, Vsport and S everything and then you have to go create something above that to maintain that desire and super-important owner bragging rights. I think “RS“ for Audi achieves this — those are rare. Or maybe this is what “Blackwing“ is intended to be over time, even into the electric age, since Caddy has mismanaged what V had begun to mean in the marketplace.

· Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
caddy needed a viable, slightly desirable mid-sized SUV to make this work. Couldn‘t just ‘V wash’ the entire Caddy line-up w/out diluting what V meant. There is something in economics called a “Veblen good“ (I am not making this up) and unlike most products where demand goes up when price goes down, a Veblen good is the opposite so if say, a Rolex is priced too low, demand dries up. Usually applies to luxury goods. BMW 318ti prob exemplifies this well in our car world. i bet some of this is also true for the performance sub-brands from BMW, MB, Audi and Caddy — go to the well too often with M Line, Vsport and S everything and then you have to go create something above that to maintain that desire and super-important owner bragging rights. I think “RS“ for Audi achieves this — those are rare. Or maybe this is what “Blackwing“ is intended to be over time, even into the electric age, since Caddy has mismanaged what V had begun to mean in the marketplace.
You bring up a lot of good points and I understand your point about diluting the V brand. However, I don't think the V brand would've been more washed out by just adding one SUV to the V lineup. Mercedes, BMW and Audi all have multiple SUVs with killer engines. GM would've made a killing if they stuffed a LT4 or even better yet an LT5 with an 10 speed in one of these XT6 SUVs.

Attachments

· Registered
3,365 Posts
Your right. Maybe the Subaru AWD drivetrain can't handle the torque of the LSA.
The STI 6 speed can definitely handle the torque. There just was likely not enough room behind the engine for the full transaxle.

The front axle stubs come out the sides in a subaru transmission, there is no transfer case. The front and center diff are all in one unit.

The STI 6 speed can take hella power though, I know people that put approaching 2000 hp through them basically stock (with billet transfer gears).
They hold up to 700ft+ lbs AWD launching on 4 bias ply slicks lol its a super solid transmission.

· Registered
3,365 Posts
No way that is his car. If was a real Subaru it would be a **** with silver hair that has a build of Danny Devito and lives in Vermont. I call bullshit.......
No there are 2 types of people who drive subarus. Flat brim hat, vape smoking teenagers paying $600 per month insurance for their used WRX, and Lesbians with hairy legs who live in Asheville NC or Vermont/NH.

· Registered
2,816 Posts
The STI 6 speed can take hella power though, I know people that put approaching 2000 hp through them basically stock (with billet transfer gears).
They hold up to 700ft+ lbs AWD launching on 4 bias ply slicks lol its a super solid transmission.
Yeah. I have a 2010 Evo X. All stock. But I've met two guys who were getting 700HP from the 2L 4 banger and running it through the stock driveline. These rally cars are actually built to take a beating, even though most will never leave the street. I pranged my Evo in to a granite curb hard enough to completely destroy the right front wheel, put a curb shaped notch in the outer lip that almost reached the hub. Didn't even tweak the alignment of the car. Replaced the wheel and had it checked twice because I didn't believe it hadn't bent somewhere.

· Registered
3,365 Posts
Yeah. I have a 2010 Evo X. All stock. But I've met two guys who were getting 700HP from the 2L 4 banger and running it through the stock driveline. These rally cars are actually built to take a beating, even though most will never leave the street. I pranged my Evo in to a granite curb hard enough to completely destroy the right front wheel, put a curb shaped notch in the outer lip that almost reached the hub. Didn't even tweak the alignment of the car. Replaced the wheel and had it checked twice because I didn't believe it hadn't bent somewhere.
I drifted sideways into a curb in my Subaru in the snow lol. Didn’t hurt it at all either I was so relieved and surprised. I thought for sure I was gunna need a bunch of suspension work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.