Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time my car sits for a few days and I begin to back out of the garage, I feel a noticeable "break loose" feeling in the wheels once I start to back up. I have no idea if it's a stuck piston or something else. I haven't looked into it but thought I'd see if anyone else had this sort of issue.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I feel like there was a post on this not to long ago, if I remember correctly I think it was just condensation or something on the rotor causing pad to stick. I don’t think you have an issue but maybe someone else will chime in

·
Registered
46 Posts
If u have a 6MT and assuming your garage floor is level, try parking there next time with the car in gear but the parking brake disengaged. If u don’t get that sticking feeling after doing this, you will know what is causing it. (for me, the driveway car wash followed by driving the 20’ to park in the garage is where major brake pad sticking will occur — solution is to drive the car for a few hundred feet and using the brake a good bit then to create enough heat to dry the pad. Even then, I park after that in my garage with the car in gear but the parking brake off.)

Reactions: ThunderOne
1 - 4 of 4 Posts