Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello hope everyone is having a good day, I got a 12 Cts v, has fuel leaking from fuel pump got it fixed, but now on a fuel tank I drive about 60 miles a day. On a full tank those 60 miles brings me down to 1/4 on the gauge wondering if that’s normal on this car? Dealership is trying to say that’s how supercharged cars are. My 14 gt500 was nowhere near this bad in fuel. Wondering if y’all can give y’alls input. Thank you

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Gallon specifically, so you're seeing 13 gallons (ish) used over 60 miles?

That is not right. The dealer ship is full of it.

My "modded" car is getting 10mpg..and I'm not babying it.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Sounds like one of the senders could be compromised. These cars have 2 . One on each side and it uses both to measure fuel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Sounds like they left the sender off the fuel pump module or got it tangled up with the wiring for the sensor on reinstall...it can happen...

·
Registered
77 Posts
If it was a sender issue wouldn't another symptom show during fuel ups?
Example being it appears you're only getting half of what you paid for? \

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
it could read full and if not timed correctly the arm will hit the tank . it could be doing this and hanging up on a wire or hose until the tank empties far enough for it to fall and read empty . it uses both senders to take a reading and then averages the reading between the two.

still doesent account for the large amount of missing fuel.

how much fuel does the car take when reading empty ?
you get <100 miiles and then how many gallons does it take to get back to full?

·
Registered
44 Posts
One of the floats is not working properly. The guy is right there are two and one is either partially disconnected, tangled, like the guy said, of the float has a leak. I woii I KS go with the side they messed with. However, I had a 350Z and the fuel gauge was off since the dealer changed the fuel tank. They changed the tank, under warranty three times, to fix the fuel tank transfer problem. Funny, after putting up with the problem long after the warranty expired I took both sides of the tank apart. Turned out the float on the passenger side had a leak. The heavy float was causing the problem all along. I even called Nissan and let them know. They did not care... I even sent the information to the engineer that was responsible for the fuel transfer service bulletin. So, check the passenger side, the one with the fuel pumps first. Otherwise, you get to drop the tank or do surgery under the rear drivers side to access that float. Most probably it is the float on the pump side since that was disturbed. Note, did they replace the pumps only? Or did they do the assembly. The assembly has a new float. The pumps only include replacements and use the old float.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
One of the floats is not working properly. The guy is right there are two and one is either partially disconnected, tangled, like the guy said, of the float has a leak. I woii I KS go with the side they messed with. However, I had a 350Z and the fuel gauge was off since the dealer changed the fuel tank. They changed the tank, under warranty three times, to fix the fuel tank transfer problem. Funny, after putting up with the problem long after the warranty expired I took both sides of the tank apart. Turned out the float on the passenger side had a leak. The heavy float was causing the problem all along. I even called Nissan and let them know. They did not care... I even sent the information to the engineer that was responsible for the fuel transfer service bulletin. So, check the passenger side, the one with the fuel pumps first. Otherwise, you get to drop the tank or do surgery under the rear drivers side to access that float. Most probably it is the float on the pump side since that was disturbed. Note, did they replace the pumps only? Or did they do the assembly. The assembly has a new float. The pumps only include replacements and use the old float.
My money is on tangled

Very easy given its relationship to the transfer line and electrical routing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts