Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have poured through this forum looking for the info, but am getting a little confused since I see a lot of different info. I have a V3 that I am looking to do the alcantara wheel swap on. I am not sure which part number I need if I want to keep the heated wheel element, or if that's even possible. I have been looking on GM store sites and none of them seem to list the heating part or the forward collision. I am guessing since this was standard on all wheels they all include that?

The part number I have currently as being correct is : 23316245

If anyone could confirm this is correct for me, I'd greatly appreciate it!

New to the forum so here is a pic of my V. I just had it wrapped and the rims powder coated.

·
Registered
2018 CTS-V
14 Posts
Hello all, I have poured through this forum looking for the info, but am getting a little confused since I see a lot of different info. I have a V3 that I am looking to do the alcantara wheel swap on. I am not sure which part number I need if I want to keep the heated wheel element, or if that's even possible. I have been looking on GM store sites and none of them seem to list the heating part or the forward collision. I am guessing since this was standard on all wheels they all include that?

The part number I have currently as being correct is : 23316245

If anyone could confirm this is correct for me, I'd greatly appreciate it!

New to the forum so here is a pic of my V. I just had it wrapped and the rims powder coated. View attachment 150483
Mannnnnnn, I don't have the info for the steering wheel, but I love that wrap color! Reminds me of Ferrari's Grigio Medio

Reactions: CTSVBoilerFan

·
Registered
64 Posts
This seems to be the steering wheel I'm coming up with.....

Suede Steering Wheel

And, this is what it say's in the description:

• SKU: 84383414
  • Other Names: Wheel
  • Description:
    With pre-crash, with CTS V, with suede.
  • Condition: New
I've looked a bit, and while the prices vary, and this isn't the cheapest, when you add in the SHIPPING, the total cost is the best that I've seen....

But, I don't know if this is really the one that's needed!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This seems to be the steering wheel I'm coming up with.....

Suede Steering Wheel

And, this is what it say's in the description:

• SKU: 84383414
  • Other Names: Wheel
  • Description:
    With pre-crash, with CTS V, with suede.
  • Condition: New
I've looked a bit, and while the prices vary, and this isn't the cheapest, when you add in the SHIPPING, the total cost is the best that I've seen....

But, I don't know if this is really the one that's needed!
I found the right part and ordered it. For whatever reason there is close to 12 different numbers for the wheel. I talked to a guy at an online supplier and he said the issue is that it is an accessory part even though it was an OEM factory option. All of the wheels luckily have the heating element. The only thing I'll add is that if you are someone thinking about doing the swap...call the suppliers before placing an order. I had 5 orders canceled due to the wheel being on backorder, the dealership couldn't source it either. I had to buy from eBay, which was new, so it worked out, but I checked to see it was in stock.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
516 Posts
Mind saying how much here? If not PM me if you're comfortable doing so

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Mind saying how much here? If not PM me if you're comfortable doing so
Wheel itself was $343 with shipping included. There are places with cheaper prices, however, all of them said they are backordered and have no estimated ship dates. The one thing I'm a lil nervous about is that this one doesn't state that it has pre-crash. However, the dealership said ALL of the wheels have the capability for it if you have the button on your stock wheel, same thing with the heating element already being built in, but you have have the button. I am not 100% sure I believe all that, but I'll find out. The pre-crash would be more ideal than the heated wheel imo since I barely ever drive the car when it's cold enough to need a heated wheel. I am scheduled to get the wheel installed next week, so I can follow up on everything. The only other thing the shop doing the install said is that a computer scan may need to be done on the airbag, but I doubt it, that is $120. I am having them do the wheel install since I don't want to pay the price of anything if I break the pieces of trim or clips on buttons. Plus the bolt that holds the wheel in is supposedly tough to get out due to the locktite on the threads.

The matching gear shift lever cover/boot was $183 with shipping included. I'm going to install this myself since it's very straightforward since you don't have to remove any trim to do it. So, if you break clips on the old boot, not a big deal since the new one has everything on it to replace it. Still going to be extra careful doing so though.

Info on both of these things and the install I found on YouTube on "JetFuelOnly"**** channel. He doesn't have a V, but a V Sport and all the parts are the same for either car basically. Still want to confirm things fit the V, but from my research on multiple sites and talking to the dealership, they do. His install videos are really well done and thorough, so worth checking out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wheel itself was $343 with shipping included. There are places with cheaper prices, however, all of them said they are backordered and have no estimated ship dates. The one thing I'm a lil nervous about is that this one doesn't state that it has pre-crash. However, the dealership said ALL of the wheels have the capability for it if you have the button on your stock wheel, same thing with the heating element already being built in, but you have have the button. I am not 100% sure I believe all that, but I'll find out. The pre-crash would be more ideal than the heated wheel imo since I barely ever drive the car when it's cold enough to need a heated wheel. I am scheduled to get the wheel installed next week, so I can follow up on everything. The only other thing the shop doing the install said is that a computer scan may need to be done on the airbag, but I doubt it, that is $120. I am having them do the wheel install since I don't want to pay the price of anything if I break the pieces of trim or clips on buttons. Plus the bolt that holds the wheel in is supposedly tough to get out due to the locktite on the threads.

The matching gear shift lever cover/boot was $183 with shipping included. I'm going to install this myself since it's very straightforward since you don't have to remove any trim to do it. So, if you break clips on the old boot, not a big deal since the new one has everything on it to replace it. Still going to be extra careful doing so though.

Info on both of these things and the install I found on YouTube on "JetFuelEmpty" channel. He doesn't have a V, but a V Sport and all the parts are the same for either car basically. Still want to confirm things fit the V, but from my research on multiple sites and talking to the dealership, they do. His install videos are really well done and thorough, so worth checking out.
Once you have this installed, and working, would you share a link to where you got it on E-Bay???

Thanks...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Once you have this installed, and working, would you share a link to where you got it on E-Bay???

Thanks...
Will do! Fingers crossed everything just works haha, but if I post a review that things are fine I may not think to check the heated wheel function, so someone may want to ask if it's important to them. As I mentioned, the pre-crash is what's most important to me since those stupid beeps or seat rumbles are convenient at times.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I posted in another thread that I was able to get the dealership to order and install the suede steering wheel.

The part number listed on the invoice is:

84372870 :N-WHEEL (06513-K)

Picked up the car today......After a few issues.....

Got down the road a bit on the drive.....AND....GOD DAMN IT.....The steering wheel is off center!!!!

Damn Tech didn't center it and road test it.....

I'm gonna yell at them, but, I'm already far far away. They had to replace the CUE screen because it spider webbed this week before I picked it up.

Well, after watching Jet fuel only's install video, there at the end he points out that the "KEYWAY" might be different between the suede and the leather wheels....

SO, it looks like centering it up via an alignment is going to be the way to go.....

Still bummed that they didn't check it/notice it.....
BUT, the heated steering wheel does work!

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
516 Posts
I posted in another thread that I was able to get the dealership to order and install the suede steering wheel.

Got down the road a bit on the drive.....AND....GOD DAMN IT.....The steering wheel is off center!!!!

I'm gonna yell at them, but, I'm already far far away. They had to replace the CUE screen because it spider webbed this week before I picked it up.

Well, after watching Jet fuel only's install video, there at the end he points out that the "KEYWAY" might be different between the suede and the leather wheels....

SO, it looks like centering it up via an alignment is going to be the way to go.....

How far off is "off?" I have a spare suede wheel I picked up secondhand that I want to send out to get the CF treatment, but now I might just have to use it as a temporary replacement, and send out my leather one original to the car instead. I was trying not to have to pull shit apart 2x. It makes no sense that there'd have been 2 different hub castings, but...GM.

·
Registered
64 Posts
How far off is "off?" I have a spare suede wheel I picked up secondhand that I want to send out to get the CF treatment, but now I might just have to use it as a temporary replacement, and send out my leather one original to the car instead. I was trying not to have to pull shit apart 2x. It makes no sense that there'd have been 2 different hub castings, but...GM.
It's just far enough off to be noticeable. Looking at the video, it appears that it can only go on one way. There's a wide "KEYWAY" that is supposed to line it up. It drives okay, and you can get used to it.

Just an annoyance......I DO Like the way it feels.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I just got my car back yesterday. Unfortunately my heating wheel does not work. However, I don't mind since I never drive the car when it's that cold. It sounds like your part number is the way to go for anyone else considering doing this, so thanks for sharing the info. Hopefully you can get them to adjust it free since that seems like something that could be fixed if the tech is either testing or just alert as to wheel position prior to install.

That stinks about the wheel being off, mine is dead on so I must have lucked out on that portion and not the heater haha. It definitely is a nicer feel, took me a few minutes to get used to it since the old wheel was just so trashed from the previous owner and no matter how much I cleaned it, it was still kinda tacky if that makes sense. The car definitely looks better with the wheel and gear shift combo. I also used Sonax Alcantara cleaner and got the doors and all the trim cleaned up and it's a TON better. Only thing that stinks for me is the airbag cover is trashed from previous owner, so may replace that down the road also.

·
Registered
64 Posts

This is tracking straight down the freeway.....

I guess I did get "LUCKY", and my airbag is part leather, part suede.

I didn't realize that until this morning, after I watched the video. I thought I was going to have to go try and order one...

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
516 Posts
View attachment 150843

I didn't realize that until this morning, after I watched the video. I thought I was going to have to go try and order one...
Thanks for the pic. Aren't all airbags part leather part suede, though?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I didn't know about the airbag. I was watching Jet Fuel Only's video, and me might have mentioned something about that. Maybe the ATS or regular CTS came with leather only.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'd definitely be going back and making them try to fix that. The bad part of this is how many freaking part numbers there are for this thing, so not all are the same but all will fit. The part numbers I have are:

The one that I ordered on eBay is the 23316245. However, it came in a box with a different number on it, which is 84372870. Which is the same part helogene got. So makes no sense why the heating element works for him but not me and why mine is on center but his is off.

The V3's do have the suede and leather covers standard. I believe the full leather are only in the CTSV sport and other lower models.

·
Registered
38 Posts
View attachment 150843

honestly didn’t know our displays could show gps! Guess that’s what I get for having it on V mode or whatever it’s called since day 1!

·
Registered
64 Posts
honestly didn’t know our displays could show gps! Guess that’s what I get for having it on V mode or whatever it’s called since day 1!
There's all KINDS of shit selectable on the Left, Right, and Center Screens!!!

It's amazing.....

As far as the dealer centering up the wheel, they are about 1,500 miles in the rear view mirror....

I'll call them and talk to them about it....

I ALSO found out my windshield washer doesn't work! I tried it, and nothing. So, I figured it was out of fluid.....

Get just a little into the tank, and try it....NOPE......Shoot....

Another warranty issue....

BUT STILL A BLAST....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts