Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I posted about this along with something else in another thread, but thought I'd ask here since my thought is it maybe a tuning issue.
So I finished my build and mods, but the car will only start with my foot on gas pedal and stay running as long as my foot is on the gas pedal. Soon as I lift it off the car stalls. My assumption is it just needs to get to the tuner so he could adjust the fuel flow, but I'm not sure!
If anybody has any opinions on either issue, would be very much appreciated!

·
Registered
769 Posts
I think I read in another post that you just installed 1050X injectors and have made no changes to the tune right? I probably wouldnt be trying to let the engine run at all like that until it at least has base adjustments for injector size. It doesnt take long to fuel wash the cylinder walls and start thinning the oil. You should be able to check for leaks just turning the key on, engine off so the fuel pump will prime the lines.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I read in another post that you just installed 1050X injectors and have made no changes to the tune right? I probably wouldnt be trying to let the engine run at all like that until it at least has base adjustments for injector size. It doesnt take long to fuel wash the cylinder walls and start thinning the oil. You should be able to check for leaks just turning the key on, engine off so the fuel pump will prime the lines.
Yes I was turning the key on and off but I can’t tell if the intercooler pump is working, haven’t heard it run at all. And I’ve squeezed the hoses to push air out, seems like it’s bled. And now my dam driverside window won’t go up lol 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
431 Posts
He was referring to your fuel leak issue not your cooling pump.

I'm getting ready to do some relatively mild mods compared to yours and I wouldn't even think about running it prior to tune. As a matter of fact I'll be trailering mine to the tuner...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts