Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2012 a6
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a deal on a used set of standard cts wheels and tires off a 2012 coupe awd. Does anyone know if they will fit. Plans are to use them for winter use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Brake fitment is an issue I believe. Could be wrong. Test fit.

·
Registered
2012 a6
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I tried on wheel on the front. It bolts right up and hits the front of the caliper. I wonder if wheel shims would allow it to fit. Not sure I want to use shims though

·
Registered
2012 a6
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found another set off a 2016. Looked up the offset and it says 18x8.5 with a 32mm offset. Can anyone confirm that they will fit our calipers?

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
I'm of the opinion they will not clear the calipers.

·
Registered
2012 a6
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Deal fell through. All three tires were the same except one. One tire was a different size which makes no sense and would probably cause abs issues

·
Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto with a view of the Moon
783 Posts
Well I’m of the opinion that it would look like shit on a V. But, I’m all about aesthetics #Justsayin

aes·thet·ics
  1. a set of principles concerned with the nature and appreciation of beauty, especially in cars.
    • the branch of philosophy that deals with the principles of beauty and artistic taste of a CTS V.

·
Registered
2012 a6
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agree that the wheels would not compliment the car at all. Was just trying not to spend 1k or more on a winter set

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Agree that the wheels would not compliment the car at all. Was just trying not to spend 1k or more on a winter sety
If you want cheap wheels, I have some ugly ones that came with my V with winter tires.I replaced them when I needed new winter tires. They're a square setup.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
2012 a6
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Agreed on the ugly factor. Thanks for the offer. I will have to pass for couple reasons. Ugliness and distance. I am planning on getting a set of 18” mb crux on discount tire. Need to make sure they will clear the calipers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.