Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speedometer went out and I stalled. Can't seem to read anything out of my OBD port either. Fuses are fine and I get power to it but no single to read any of the gauges- RPM, speed, temp, etc.

Replaced a few melted wires as they were sitting on a heater hose and close to the headers but can't seem to trace back to why my speedometer isn't working and why I still cannot even turn over.

Anyone have experience with this or have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Possibly a internal fusebox issue.

I fought similar issues with ODBII issues.

Replaced the fusebox and issues were resolved.

·
Registered
257 Posts
All of those wires are part of the dash harness goes through the firewall and makes a junction. With the engine harness and headlight harness in the under hood fuse panel. If you had some sort of melted wires you likely have an issue from firewall under brake booster around back of engine to the fuse panel, that’s where I would personally start looking. The dash harness is a huge PITA to swap.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
If insulation in the harness melted and the associated wires made contact with a conductive surface, they were shorted together and you may need to replace all the modules that were connected to that harness. If the wires aren't shorted any longer, and no fuses are blown, but nothing works, that's not a good sign that it's a simple connection issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The body control module and headlight modules were fried. Shout out to Beverly Hills Cadillac and now I'm good to go. Jeremy was the mechanic and Allen was a service tech. These guys are highly recommended. Thank you everybody for all your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts