Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
I’m running dynatech on mine, probably a step below kooks but the quality is fantastic. Headers in general are a little bit of a pain but not crazy. Easier if you have a lift available to you if your doing it on jack stands probably a few more four letter words will be used

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Not sure. I paid a shop to do it. They said they fit ok, just a lil tweaking and the header flanges needed very little work to get flat on a granite block.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Got them on my car and they work pretty good. Biggest problems I had were:

1. Had to take them in to Meineke about 3 times to get the band clamps tightened. Could do it myself but they only charged me $20 each time. If you can have someone weld some V band clamps on the headers / midpipe connection. The slip fit connections suck.
  2. Had to bend the driver side pipe down pretty substantially. Rattled quite a bit against the bottom of the car when taking corners or stabbing the gas. Wouldn't rattle under mild acceleration.
  3. Someone at Speed Engineering stole my credit card info. I hadn't used the card previously. The only purchase I ever made with the card was the headers. Not saying it was the company but be careful.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I had a rattle too, but it was from bad motor mounts... 60k on car. Also I threw out all the clamps and bought stainless step clamps.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I haven't had any issues with my SE headers. They were pretty easy to install and make changing plugs WAY easier. I've had them on the car for a few years now and they've been preforming really well.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I’m running dynatech on mine, probably a step below kooks but the quality is fantastic. Headers in general are a little bit of a pain but not crazy. Easier if you have a lift available to you if your doing it on jack stands probably a few more four letter words will be used
I run dynatech on my lightning good stuff

·
Registered
11 Posts
What were the problems you experienced?
very thin wall headers. Could hear valvetrain noises through the headers at idle and driving down the road. Also fit sucked they must have changed their design because the problems i was having no one had. also had to move alot of the wiring harness. I went to Texas speed headers and have not had any issues.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
very thin wall headers. Could hear valvetrain noises through the headers at idle and driving down the road. Also fit sucked they must have changed their design because the problems i was having no one had. also had to move alot of the wiring harness. I went to Texas speed headers and have not had any issues.
Interesting. I had TSP headers on my z06 and they were bad. The X pipe rubbed all the way tunnel on both sides and rattled like hell.
When I called TSP they replied "yeah, we know they are out of spec, we will gladly sell you another one at a discount when we run the next batch which is not scheduled"

·
Registered
927 Posts
How do you get valve train noise from something metal bolted to something else metal that harbors said noise? Idk, I could see if you were recommending kooks or something but not tsp. The kooks on my c5 sound no different than the speed engineering on my v... Fit is a little better on the c5 but it's also a much simpler design than the caddy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Interesting. I had TSP headers on my z06 and they were bad. The X pipe rubbed all the way tunnel on both sides and rattled like hell.
When I called TSP they replied "yeah, we know they are out of spec, we will gladly sell you another one at a discount when we run the next batch which is not scheduled"
well then speed engineering the texas speed of the z06 then.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How do you get valve train noise from something metal bolted to something else metal that harbors said noise? Idk, I could see if you were recommending kooks or something but not tsp. The kooks on my c5 sound no different than the speed engineering on my v... Fit is a little better on the c5 but it's also a much simpler design than the caddy.
When the metal so thin its magnifing the valvetrain noise. I changed to texas speed and all noise went away. So believe what you want to believe i have experienced it. And will not ever use another pair. If you had good luck out of them good for you... I will not recommend them to anybody

1 - 20 of 38 Posts