Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
What's the best/ quality clamps for a 2.5 or 3 in. Exhaust system ?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,542 Posts
What's the best/ quality clamps for a 2.5 or 3 in. Exhaust system ?

Why do you care about the best of anything in a thread on cheap headers?

Just thinking aloud (lipstick on a pig comes to mind).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Why do you care about the best of anything in a thread on cheap headers?

Just thinking aloud (lipstick on a pig comes to mind).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stop looking in the mirror and you won't see the pig chump...

Watch "PIG GRUNTING SOUND EFFECT - Grunting Pig | Free Pig Grunting Noise Sound FX for Download" on YouTube

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
10/4

Thank you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Only been a couple of months but how are the headers holding up?

Looks like they are made from 304 Stainless. I assume 0.065" wall to keep cost down. Any issues with the plates warping at the heads causing exhaust leaks?

·
Premium Member
14,381 Posts
Shhhh

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a set and had them coated by Calico. Helps with the heat and hopefully no rust. Fitment was not bad. I still find it funny that people look down on others for buying what they can. In my case, I chose to save $1500 so I could have my heads ported. To each there on I guess.

·
Premium Member
14,381 Posts
I have a set and had them coated by Calico. Helps with the heat and hopefully no rust. Fitment was not bad. I still find it funny that people look down on others for buying what they can. In my case, I chose to save $1500 so I could have my heads ported. To each there on I guess.
It's not that you cant get by on the cheap. It's just a coin flip to some extent and how much hassle you're able to tolerate, and how much work you can do on your own. Guys who drive a few times a month and flip the car in 2 years... different than a daily or something.

Like most cheap parts, it might work - until it doesnt.

Paying someone to install it changes the cost / benefit versus a DIY job on Jack stands too

·
Registered
133 Posts
It's not that you cant get by on the cheap. It's just a coin flip to some extent and how much hassle you're able to tolerate, and how much work you can do on your own. Guys who drive a few times a month and flip the car in 2 years... different than a daily or something.

Like most cheap parts, it might work - until it doesnt.

Paying someone to install it changes the cost / benefit versus a DIY job on Jack stands too

I understand that, however it's blanket approach to the "cheap parts are garbage motto" in peoples mind. You can spend $2k on a set of ARH headers and x pipe and it will last longer than most will keep the car. Or you can buy these and they last 5 years maybe, but at almost 4x's cheaper the cost of the others thats a bet I am willing to take. Would I cheap out on important stuff like injectors or lifters? Absolutely not. I run johnson and ID's for reference.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well said.

I went the speed engineering route as well & was able to use the savings to fund other parts for the build. Seems there's plenty of other platforms that have had no issues. To each there own.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts