Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Sparkly oil

6K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  SpankyZ28 
Nothing is ported yet but it does have weapon x heat exchanger, 8 gal trunk tank w/ emp pump, dsx e85 w/ aux pump set up, MM wild catch can, id1300 injectors, 2.4 upper 9.17 lower, 90mm throttle body, ARH headers, and catless full 3” exhaust to an unknown brand of muffler.

Power goals are 700-800hp. I do or well did drive this car to work fairly often for the short time I’ve owned it and have taken it on a couple trips and would like to continue to do such things. I’m not looking for a full on race car but something I can have fun with both on and off the track more so off as the nearest 1/4mi track is about 2 hrs away.

I plan on porting the supercharger soon but I am currently looking at heads. Talked with engine builder and he has everything in stock but its a 6 bolt 58x wheel so i would need a new flexplate.
I'll say that a well rebuilt Stock bottom end is able to make 700-800 and live, especially if you are not full out killing the car every time you drive it (meaning not just a track car). I have a rebuilt stock bottom end, upgraded ARP rod bolts, new Total seal blower file fit rings and a Precision oil pump (which is a BP/cleaned up 10355). WCCH 2.5 ported LSA head, Jokerz Chaos ported blower, E85, ID 1300 and 2.45/8.6 pulleys.. 102 TB, DDP intake, M6 car and I'm 818/775 to the tire. IMO I wouldn't go new bottom end until you have too, or you just want it.. 700 is easy to get to on these cars with good port work, cam and tune..
Good Luck,
Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.