Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Spare Tire Well

789 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Chokeu
Does anyone know how to remove the steel center post from the spare tire well? (2013 CTS-V sedan)
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
I was trying to find a more civil way to remove it in case I ever I sell the car but looks like I’m gonna break out the sawzall. 😂 That’s if someone knows how to remove it.
I don't recall how..,. so therefore, it was super simple... but I remove the one from my coupe with no issue. The coupe's well is vestigial anyway and would never hold an actual tire so maybe a different post setup. In the coupe it only holds the air pump kit down
There’s a small silver clip and I used a screwdriver to undo it and it still won’t come off?

Attachments

See less See more
The jack stowage bolt (as GM calls it) has a little tab that locks it in place. You just need to slide the assembly back so the tab clears, you can see it in the photo. A little force or a blade screwdriver can help. I've had mine in and out a few times, once you do it once, you'll get the hang of it.

Metal Titanium Nickel Aluminium Steel
See less See more
Reactions: 2
Lift the forward edge of the flat portion with a flathead screwdriver. With that edge lifted, slide the post forward. It will lift out.

EDIT: Literally seconds late. Couldn't find a picture.
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
Thank you! I was lifting the tab with a flathead but was sliding it backwards.
Reactions: 1
1 - 8 of 8 Posts