Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing super crazy, but I figured I'd share. Youngest (17YO) just bought this. It's his 2nd car (first was a Focus SVT he bought cheap, fixed up, and sold for a profit). It's an '04 6MT. Has a few mods: cam, headers, 243 heads, short shifter, poly bushings/mounts everywhere, 1 pc DS, stronger axles. The wife isn't too happy about the noise, so he may have to put some quieter mufflers on it, lol. It's funny, growing up he was not really into cars like his brother and sister were, and now he's got the coolest car (although his brother would probably argue that point). They say kids these days don't care about cars. I did my best to make sure mine do. Anyway, here's a pic and short video-

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Nice. What do the neighbors think?

Reactions: piening2150

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice. What do the neighbors think?
So far no complaints. But he's only had it 2 days so...

Luckily he doesn't work very early or late so no 5am cold starts or anything like that (unlike my other son and his not-quite-as-loud Charger).

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice. Never seen that color GTO. I have only seen red, black and yellow.
He found a cool blue one with a blue interior that he wanted bad, but it was in OK and sold before we could arrange to fly out there and drive it back.

·
Registered
305 Posts
My bassani exhaust was quiet even with longtubes and catless. Not a bad first car!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nothing super crazy, but I figured I'd share. Youngest (17YO) just bought this. It's his 2nd car (first was a Focus SVT he bought cheap, fixed up, and sold for a profit). It's an '04 6MT. Has a few mods: cam, headers, 243 heads, short shifter, poly bushings/mounts everywhere, 1 pc DS, stronger axles. The wife isn't too happy about the noise, so he may have to put some quieter mufflers on it, lol. It's funny, growing up he was not really into cars like his brother and sister were, and now he's got the coolest car (although his brother would probably argue that point). They say kids these days don't care about cars. I did my best to make sure mine do. Anyway, here's a pic and short video-

View attachment 151329

After he gets a quieter muffler on it, they've practically got a built in "cut-out". There's a 2-bolt flange where the exhaust is running in a single pipe down the middle of the car. I used to take the two bolts out, offset the two pipes so it was bypassing the mufflers, and put one bolt back in, to keep the exhaust up and secure still. Sounded just like that one does now, which was perfect for car cruises and weekend shenanigans 😉👍

·
Premium Member
OEM-ISH Coupe
152 Posts
Nice car, I drove an 05 for 9 years before I replaced it with my V. Was very happy with it and the V was the only logical replacement car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts