Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
The clearance to the A arms was fine. There's a stabilizing link thing that goes from the end of the bottom A arm to a point about maybe 16" in front of the axle, on the sub frame. With the car jacked up and the wheel hanging down, that link was uncomfortably close to the inner sidewall. But it looked to me that with a load on the suspension, the end of the link attached to the A arm will move "up" relative to the end attached to the sub frame and in so doing, should move away from the sidewall a bit. So I think I have more clearance with the car on the ground, I just have to reach up under there with my hand and feel it out. If I'm still not happy with it, I'll go buy some ramps or take it someplace with a lift so I can get all the way underneath and look things over more closely...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Rocket you should drop it like it’s hot, looks like she’s ready to go off-roading!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Just an update on my wheels and tires. BestWheelDeals did an excellent job. They were packaged well, made it with no issues across the continent, and the attention to detail like the painted wheel weights is appreciated! Hopefully on car pics in about a week.

I'll take some good pics of clearances as well.

Oh, and this color looks even better in person. It's fantastic.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Damn I wish they offered that finish on the D5! Would look so good on my Thunder Grey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 27 of 27 Posts