Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered up a set of Forgestar rims/tires for my coupe from BestWheelDeals. Thought I would share the pics. They are shipping today, so the final wait begins.

F14 Bronze Burst 20x9.5, 20x12 + 265/35, 345/30... (PS4S) & F14 Bronze Burst 17x10 Bead Lock + 325/45-1 (M&H racemaster). Set up for stock ride height.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Sexy!

My VS-02 forged wheels were delivered today. 19x11.5 & 19x9, gloss black with tinted face. Unfortunately no pics till Monday.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Dropping some dough!

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
love it

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sexy!

My VS-02 forged wheels were delivered today. 19x11.5 & 19x9, gloss black with tinted face. Unfortunately no pics till Monday.
Definitely want to see pics! I was going to go with VS07 or VS10 until I decided I really wanted a matching beadlock drag pack which pretty much meant forgestar.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Reactions: boostjunky

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Will post some pics on Monday. I can't be in a hurry since it took 4 months to get them.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Ha! I also bought tires and wheels from BWD. They were in New Jersey at 7:15PM so they will definitely be here tomorrow. So I know what I'm going to be doing!

New England roads suck, no way 20" would last. Stuck with 19". But 12" rear with 345/30-19s and 10" front with 285/35-19s.

I expect to be nearly orgasmically happy Saturday, or if they show up late, worst case, Sunday.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
My wheels showed up today. They poke out just a tiny bit more from the fender lip than I'd like. Excuse to roll the fenders maybe. Clearances on the inside are pretty tight, but there's at least a 1/4" spacing. Whether or not that'll be enough remains to be seen. Of course, it started raining when I was on the third tire. I finished them all, but did not take any pictures.

[EDIT] picture added [/EDIT]

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rocketed, take some pics of the poke and clearances. Would definitely like to see.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
They do poke a bit. The fronts more so than the rears. The clearances on the back side of the rear tire are tighter than I'd like but maybe sufficient. Will have to drive it a bit and then reinspect for signs of rubbing. I didn't check the fronts when I installed them because by then it was raining out and I just wanted to finish. But I suspect there may be sufficient clearance to move the wheel in a skosh if I mill a bit off the wheel hub backside. Back definitely not. No room to move them in at all, unless you go to a 20" wheel. The roads in my area are incompatible with a 20" wheel...

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Did you pick your own offsets RocketSled?

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jim's offsets look bang on!

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
I left my offsets up to Jon at BWD since that's his expertise. I figured I could probably do it myself by taking what I had, adding the additional width, then adding the additional necessary offset, multiplying by 2 then carrying 1 divided by pi multiplied by X but was too many cocktails into it when I contacted Jon and just left it up to him. Bought my last set from him and was happy with the fitment so figured why not.

Looking forward to seeing your setup installed ArcticWhite!

Reactions: SimplyDreamin

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Yeah, I let Jon set my offsets, too. I'm not sure how many other 19x12/19x10 setups he's done since he asked me to take some good photos so he could see how pokey-outey they were. But he clearly understood the geometry of the back side of the wheel, since the rear rim is using up all the inboard space that there is. I suspect I should have gone with an 11.5 in the rear. It'd have been a teensy bit undersized for a 345, but it would have bought me a 1/4" on both sides and that'd be all it needed to add a bit more clearance on the back and pull the tire face inward at the same time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Op nice wheels love the finish! I’m wondering how the 325 M&H fits on a 10” wheel? I’m tired on waiting around for M/T and their 305 ET Street R.

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think M&H run a bit small. I looked it up and 10" rim is on the size list recommended for that tire.

Rocketsled, I think you have a bit less clearance inboard (to the arms) with a 19" rim and likely why you are getting a bit of poke compared to a 20".

I was going to go 19" but Jon convinced me on 20".

1 - 20 of 27 Posts