Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had a I offer I couldn’t refuse and let my 17 V3 go to a new home.
Next big decision is do I replace it with another white 2018 or do I go with silver? I work for a Cadillac dealer here in Canada so my employee discount gives me an opportunity to buy these cars at a great discount and make some good $$ on a quick flip. First world problems.

·
Registered
91 Posts
White all the way

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
And your employer is ok with that...seems odd.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Great deal. What is the discount? Like 10%?

·
Premium Member
6,934 Posts
How much is GM's employee discount. With sales tax and V3 depreciation I just can see someone turning a profit unless GM's employee pricing is leaps and bounds lower than other makes.

·
Registered
486 Posts
How much is GM's employee discount. With sales tax and V3 depreciation I just can see someone turning a profit unless GM's employee pricing is leaps and bounds lower than other makes.
On a V3, it depends on the MSRP of the car, but the more the car costs the bigger the discount. It can be between $9K to $12K off depending on how the car is optioned out.

·
Premium Member
6,934 Posts
On a V3, it depends on the MSRP of the car, but the more the car costs the bigger the discount. It can be between $9K to $12K off depending on how the car is optioned out.
Exactly so I see no money to be made in selling used. There were some remaining 2017's out there for 12k off last month, I had a buyers order for one but the wife said to go pound sand lol. Really not seeing how you are turning a profit selling a used V3 unless its a completely retarded buyer haha. I mean maybe a couple grand if you sold it immediately while there were no discounts out there but after sales tax I'm just not seeing it.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Exactly so I see no money to be made in selling used. There were some remaining 2017's out there for 12k off last month, I had a buyers order for one but the wife said to go pound sand lol. Really not seeing how you are turning a profit selling a used V3 unless its a completely retarded buyer haha. I mean maybe a couple grand if you sold it immediately while there were no discounts out there but after sales tax I'm just not seeing it.
Maybe it's a little different in Canada, eh?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I bought mine with an employee discount and I can assure you with the delta between employee discount and the street discount there's no profit potential after sales tax and depreciation. If you figure about 10% discount, 10% tax, and 20% depreciation for a 6-12 month old car, you're going to be out a big chunk of change (this only changes a bit with some Porsche and exotic cars that hold their value much better than most.)

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Maybe it's a little different in Canada, eh?
Looks like Alberta sales tax is 5%...

Hopefully OP will come back and explain so everyone can get their panties unwadded...

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Neither. Go Blue.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.