Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My day:

Driving to work in Tijuana, cruising around 80-85 and we hit fuck knuckles in SUVs slow-rolling. Red diesel truck is keeping up with me, lets me merge back into the left lane when traffic slows, but sticks with me and acts like he wants to go faster. So once traffic clears, I pull right and let him pass to return the courtesy. He moseys on, and then eventually the road opens up. To my surprise, Red Truck is in the Middle lane going like 70mph, in what appears to be a clear attempt to have me catch up. I'm like... "does he want to race or is there a cop I can't see?"

I get closer, and he's holding his phone out the window at 70mph to video my driving past. :D Coincidentally, I had to make sure the 3-4 shift at WOT was working at the same time, so I hope he got a nice video clip of me hauling the mail!

..... Driving home, I like to enjoy the on-ramps to my interstate drive home, and low and behold a black mustang that was sitting next to me at the light previously apparently mistook my merging with a call to arms? He flies past, but I was cruising in the middle lane and didn't realize we were racing. Anyway, an opening appears, as if it were a Saharan mirage! He pulls right and slows, waiting for me to pull up. His Girl was in the car, so I figure it's on!

I coast down to his speed and drop into 3rd, around 65mph. He has tinted windows so I can't see in, but he waits long enough I decide to do the 1-2-3 finger-count nice and slow. I'm pretty sure it was an even start - but that was the only part. I had car-lengths on this guy before I even hit the top of third. Shifting into fourth, typically around 120ish, wasn't even necessary. The dude was Slooooooow.

Now this looks like a brand new Mustang, I'm guessing 2020ish: blacked out, what looks to be black mesh factory wheels and a black interior with red accents. I didn't notice any badges but I'm not familiar with the new line; however it sounded like it had bolt-ons (at least a cat-back from the sound). Anyway, we do a second hit, and it's just embarrassing. I figure he's done because he pulls into the right lane... but I guess his woman threatened to leave him because he pulls up, merges back into the middle lane, rolls the window down and makes the "one more" gesture.

We slow again, and I motion for him to take the hit. He does... and then I was gone. Again. Line 10+ car-lengths kind of gone. And that was when this poor 20-something realized that smoking the tires in the parking lot was not going to hold up at 80+ mph. :D

Anyway, fun day - any idea what the newer mustangs are making power wise? This one didn't sound like a v6, but I guess it could be one of the Eco-models.

·
Premium Member
16,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I'm pretty sure it looked like this - or very close - and had red trim on the interior (I noticed it while sitting at a red light before the interstate).

I didn't notice if it was supercharged or not, nor if it had the 5.0 badge or something else. But the wheels stood out. So he's probably in the mid-400 range; and that would make sense for how slow he was.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I know others frown on Mexico, but I love that sort of stuff.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Didn’t your parents teach you not to pick on the “special kids”?

I put it on a newer mustang a few weeks ago at about 5 in the morning on my way to work. I was once that young dipshit in a mustang with my gf in the passenger seat. But mine had twin turbos and the old man in the c4 didn’t expect the outcome.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
I've not yet met a mustang I didn't gap (Oh yes, I KNOW they are out there) or GTOs or lots of wannabes in mid level Challengers and base corvettes. The ones that make me look silly....those are the ones I'm after. GT-Rs and Hellcats

Reactions: MYV

·
Premium Member
16,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Didn’t your parents teach you not to pick on the “special kids”?

I put it on a newer mustang a few weeks ago at about 5 in the morning on my way to work. I was once that young dipshit in a mustang with my gf in the passenger seat. But mine had twin turbos and the old man in the c4 didn’t expect the outcome.
Yeah, my neighbor has a procharged 2016 mustang that is 1200+ RWHP, and he can drive it. But he rarely does on the street. I figure there aren't TOO many well-sorted out builds tooling around Ohio, so odds-are my 900+ will hold water against most random foes at 60mph.

Nice. What tires are you running now?
The Conti DW's still. They hook pretty well - I'll have to check my data logs to see if I'm spinning in 3rd, but I think I also tend to easy into the throttle regardless of the tire I run. :D

·
Registered
319 Posts
All you see on YT are 5.0’s and their cult following. The new 10speeds are quick for a stock N/A car, yes, but the cult swears they can walk off from a Hellcat. You probably walked a 5.0 with that same YT confidence..maybe he posted a video and claimed it was a 1xxxhp V that he barely lost to.
Either way, good kill on a pony car. Lots of those.. in Mexico..

·
Premium Member
16,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All you see on YT are 5.0’s and their cult following. The new 10speeds are quick for a stock N/A car, yes, but the cult swears they can walk off from a Hellcat. You probably walked a 5.0 with that same YT confidence..maybe he posted a video and claimed it was a 1xxxhp V that he barely lost to.
Either way, good kill on a pony car. Lots of those.. in Mexico..
I'm pretty sure his girl wanted me to stick it in her butt I flexed so hard - but I was long gone by then.

Maybe the guy in the Red Truck will share his video on YT?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
‘13 WDT A6 sedan, headers, intake, two booster seats in the back.
2,603 Posts
I’m just happy nobody got killed.
Literally.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

·
Premium Member
16,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What has happened to this forum!?!?

I guess I'll switch into skinny jeans, keep a righteously neat beard and be more understanding of my wife's every whim like the Cuck I knew I could be, while going out of my way to criticize strangers of whom I disagree with.

Thank you, CTSVowners!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
new gt500's are fast stock and crazy modded

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
What has happened to this forum!?!?

I guess I'll switch into skinny jeans, keep a righteously neat beard and be more understanding of my wife's every whim like the Cuck I knew I could be, while going out of my way to criticize strangers of whom I disagree with.

Thank you, CTSVowners!

Cunt.

Reactions: random84
1 - 20 of 43 Posts