Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Said goodbye to the 750.. Had it for around 25k miles, and felt like if I didn't get out from underneath it now, I would be losing the shirt off my back soon. Car was in excellent shape and still had a good amount of warranty left, so I found a buyer to pay me what I owed on the car, and off she went to Santa Monica, CA.

After much to-n-fro I decided to give the V a whirl, and found one a few hours away in possession of a gentlemen who shared my propensity for going fast.

Car was a loaded '17 with around 4k miles, all options except the carbon package, but the PO had procured/installed the oem front carbon lip.

We started the paperwork (mind you, this is mid-february), only to realize that GM financial forbids lease transfers in the first 6, and last 12, months of ownership. The PO wasn't aware, and the car was only 4.5 months old at the time. GM told us to pound sand for at least 1.5 more months. So... I was stuck to make a decision. The BMW was on a truck heading to Cali, and I literally had nothing to drive to work and back--and I sure as hell wasn't going to put commuter miles on my other toy. Do I wait? Or do I pass, and get something else. Almost simultaneously, the other half's mother, retired, and was "burdened" with an unused vehicle at her residence. Maybe I do have options after all... So, I struck a deal with the mother in law to use her car during the work-week and tread water until the Caddy's clock struck midnight.

So began a L O N G month a half behind the wheel of this luxury machine;

But, as time usually does, it ticks by, whether fast or slow; and here we are, heading to Dallas in the black egg to pick up the new daily beater almost 2 months later;

I will post my initial impressions in a bit, but for now, here's the new old man cadillac;

A few thunderstorms and an inter-city jaunt later, car and driver arrive home;

·
Super Moderator
20,543 Posts
Santa Monica? Seriously? I didn't think those in Santa Monica bought used cars. I bet the buyer is in a rent controlled apartment, paying $700/month, where current rates are $3500.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Nice story. Welcome.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Santa Monica? Seriously? I didn't think those in Santa Monica bought used cars. I bet the buyer is in a rent controlled apartment, paying $700/month, where current rates are $3500.
Actually the gentleman was in his 50s, owned a very nice home, and bought the car cash. Some people choose to live below their means.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since I now have the clarity of mind to talk about the events of last week, and am "over it" (or at least that's what I tell myself), here we are;

Don't let your significant other drive your 2-day-old vehicle. For apparently, they lack the spatial coordination and attention span to properly navigate around load bearing garage structures they drive past, every day of their life.

Got a hysterical, barely comprehensible and sobbing phone call, last Friday morning; "Please don't hate me". To which I replied, "...what happened to my car". She leaves slightly before me every morning, and asked to take the "new toy" to work. I obliged, and would regret it sooner than I could imagine. I rush downstairs into our parking garage, and no bullsh*t, I expected her to of clipped off a mirror, maybe scrape a wheel, a quarter panel, a door, something small. This is what I find:

I doubt she will ever forget the expression on my face as I rounded the corner and saw that car, previously without so much as a rock chip, sitting there looking like someone tony-hawk-proskater'd that sh*t into a wall. I was, for the first time in my life, speechless. To this day, even after interrogating her like a captured ISIS combatant, I still cannot in my right mind imagine how the F you manage something like this. She say's she was putting her phone into the cup holders when it happened. I imagine, that between the total sh*t visibility due to the PO's limo tint on every window (which, I may add, I had an appointment the following day to remove), her watching the "cool motorized cup holder door" do its thing, and copious amounts of negligence and carelessness, we are where we are.

So, I'm back to driving the Versa, LOL. F my 1st world problems life.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
OMFG. I'm laughing and also crying on the inside for you. Speechless indeed.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Given the explanation, I still don't see how that can happen... I mean as soon as it hit how do you just stay on the gas and let it fuck the ENTIRE side of the car? LMAO ouch

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
What she didn't tell you was that she was power sliding it around the columns backwards and clipped the column. Tough break man, but I am laughing just a wee bit!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
We need to see pics of wife so we can understand why you kept her.
Gotta take the good with the bad ;)

Agree with all the bewilderment thus far mentioned above.

I had the same thought process--HOW do you manage that. But, where there's a will, there's a way.

At the end of the day, it's just a car, it'll get fixed. She was genuinely 10x more upset about it than I was, as she feels this has disappointed me. I told her to stop acting weird and tip-toeing around the house, as that only continually reminds me the reason for her doing so. I still give her a daily passive aggressive ribbing, which I will curtail when the car returns from the body-shop and I stop having to drive a penalty box to work.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts