1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
449 Posts
It's still hard to clearly understand for a beginner like me.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
I would love to see a picture of this can installed in a V. I cant find anywhere for this thing to fit. I might have to end up making some kind of bracket to mount it directly behind the motor on the center of the firewall. She's a big ol B#$%*

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Mine mounted inside the airraid
OOOOoooooo...Good idea. Ill have to check that out when I get home. Is there room to access the drain plugs or do you need to take the intake out to drain the cans?

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
They have a how to thread on here how to do this. It's all hidden and you run a line with a valve in bottom of car to drain very easy.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts

For the guys with the 4.5" intake there is alot of room. I also did the 1/4" push lock line with the two cans teed into a single ball valve with easy access to drain when I service. I also ran them so it's like a single can with double to volume and it's only catching oil from the valley/blower vacuum line.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Mine are installed with the furnished bracket very close to those shown in post #8. Just a litle further left. I orderd them with the ball valves. Left the fittings and furnished hose on the cans.

Remove the cover that was fabbed to cover the assembly with two screws. Take a styro cup and snake it past the 4 1/2" intake to where it rests on lower air box. Push the SMC drain hoses into the cup and open the valves. Takes just few seconds to drain a thosand miles of blowby. Close the valves. Carefully lift the cup out of the well and discard.

No fuss... no mess.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Mine are plumed differently than in post #8, Mounted similar. I use the cans to take care of both the valley and valve cover breathers.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
thanks guys, This has helped a lot. Thinking about it, My car has almost 100k miles on it and has never had a catch can installed. Is it still worth it to put it on or do you think the damage has already been done? The car was bone stock until 88k miles also.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
thanks guys, This has helped a lot. Thinking about it, My car has almost 100k miles on it and has never had a catch can installed. Is it still worth it to put it on or do you think the damage has already been done? The car was bone stock until 88k miles also.
Mine was the same. I would install now.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Ditto

1 - 13 of 13 Posts