Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, new to the forums and want to chase down a problem this weekend so I’m looking for some pointers.
I’ve got a 2013 coupe with some mild mods and a couple months ago had to throttle hard to prevent getting side swiped.
Since then, any time I lay deep into the throttle I get a thump similar to a third gen f body with a bad transmission mount but it doesn’t feel like it’s under the shifter, maybe closer to the rear.
What’s a good starting point to inspect/pry some bushings?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
I used to get a thump that I could feel in the armrest if I hit a bump a certain way. It wasn’t consistent. Even had the dealer check it out and they told me the car was solid. Ultimately found out that the exhaust was making contact with a brace that goes across the exhaust and driveshaft.

The hangers must have softened a bit allowing the exhaust to make contact.

I ended up putting several washers between the brace and the chassis and I’ve never heard the sound again.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: random84

·
Premium Member
4,245 Posts
You can remove that brace completely. It was there for the assembly line and serves no purpose at all....I mean, what does it actually brace? Lol

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
You can remove that brace completely. It was there for the assembly line and serves no purpose at all....I mean, what does it actually brace? Lol
Not sure about the CTS, but on the G8 and SS sedan the tunnel brace is there for side impact safety. I would assume it would do the same for CTS.

·
Premium Member
4,245 Posts
Nah, for the small bolt holding a relatively thin piece of metal, I can't see how it would offer any structural safety purpose. When I installed my Kooks LT's and exhaust, those 2 bolts were stripped anyway, so they never went back in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.